Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

reporting an injury

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 6:51 PM
  • 6 Replies
So...i work a physical job. Last friday a 50lb box fell on my shin and ankle. I immediately reported it to my supervisor and then reported it to my boss. My boss said - looks fine to me...im not gonna report it unless its broken...and he walked away. Ummmm??? So...i showed him on monday how swelled and bruised it was. He said...no big deal, ive seen worse...and he walked away again! Grrrr! So...now its the following friday and it still hurts, still bruised and swollen. I finally got to talk to HR and the say its too late to report it. Its too late! How? Its not my fault HR is never in the building!! suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
dinahrp
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I would throw a fit and tell them you reported it to your boss twice and what they told you.  That is negligence on their part.  Go to a doctor and see what he says. 

MrsClowers859
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Contact Corporate and explain to them what happen and go see a doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amzbrznjz
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM

go higher than HR bc you did report it and  your boss just blew it off...it is negligence and it is not your fault your boss blew it off...

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:06 PM

agree with all that's been said. Good luck.

unusualmom
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Went to dr. She said: that it was a bad muscle injury which caused blood to pool into my ankle an foot, apply heat, wrap it tight, elevate it. If it doesnt feel better on monday then she wants to do an xray. Oh...and I need to not work for a week and I got a letter for that. Maybe that will catch their attention...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:34 PM
I agree!

Quoting MrsClowers859:

Contact Corporate and explain to them what happen and go see a doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)