Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

passenger seat driving!

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:55 PM
  • 9 Replies
I hate how my husband complains about my driving! Every damn time we get in the car! Really!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
chinosruca
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Make him drive or stay back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blaquechinadoll
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Be the first to get in the car, but in the passenger side. OR pull over immediately when he complains and tell him to slide over. Sometimes the best reaction is an equal and opposite one.
Marimaru
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:34 PM

My husband doesn't complain, but when he starts telling me what I should be doing I say "Do you want to drive?"  Because in our case, usually if I am driving, it's because he asked me to (like early in the morning, lol).  He'll say "no" and shut up.

If it was every time, I'd just quit driving altogether, because it would drive me nuts.

CDMelty
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I quit driving because of that. My dh drives truck and when he's in a regular car he still drives like there's 40,000lb behind him. He pulls into intersections so slowly that only 2 or 3 cars can get through a red light and he starts braking way before he has to. He accuses me of taking off like a drag racer but come on! The light is green, you freaking go!

sheri305
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Mine to,say I drive like an old lady.....I say I drive the speed limit and safe....

thecoffeefairy
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Make him drive
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1plustwinsmommy
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:50 PM
I never drive anymore for that reason. We were on a 10 hour road trip and I still didn't drive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM

When mine starts to say something, I just say "who is driving?" When he answers or just gives his smart-ass little laugh...I tell him to STFU.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM
I agree!

Quoting blaquechinadoll:

Be the first to get in the car, but in the passenger side. OR pull over immediately when he complains and tell him to slide over. Sometimes the best reaction is an equal and opposite one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN