Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

would you quit your job for your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post
I work pt and its really only to have a secondary insurance because we arent getting rich off this job. We have a sick son who needs to go to a dr thats pretty far away often and I try to get an early appt so its during school hours and I dont need a sitter for my other 2. Anyway, my boss knows and he was ok with me leaving early but now not so much...now hes just unapproachable about it. I told him at least I come to work and leave early instead of calling in. -- ive threatened to quit and I know they need the people in there...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:24 AM
Replies (21-30):
chinosruca
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:09 AM
I would not. My job offers excellent insurance. It also pays for food, rent & household bills. If I quit, we would be homeless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I think if I really didn't need the job and it was starting to interfere how well I could care for my child, then I would quit.

MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I would do anything for my kids, which also means I WOULDN'T quit my job for my kids. Thats how they are provided with everything they have and medical insurance. It's the sacrifice I have to make. I understand we all have different sacrifices we each must make, good luck mama.

Poohy1975
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Yes,and i have.In 2008 after finding out trauma my daughter was going through. At first they let me carry my cell with me just in case she needed me to pick her up from school.Then one day she needed me all day and they were unwilling to let me use one of my vacation days,so i quit.

Turtlegirl30
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Yes I quit my job after 3 years of working ,because my son was always getting sick and I had to leave work a lot.We found out he had Anemia and quit right away!I know jobs will always be around.
Micole1084
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Quoting makinmoneyladyt:

Yes I did.  I have been a work at home from home mom for a year now and I would not change I thing about it!  I should have done it years ago.  When your kids are little thats when they need you the most.  Im am greatfull that the company I am with will allows be to be home with my son and gives me the financial freedom that I like!

What do you do? I have been looking for a reputable home based buisness!

DawnFanberg
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:12 PM

You should quit If you don't need the money. I quit working all but Fridays, I'm glad I am able to raise my kids, not every mom can be home with their child/children, so If you can, why not?

DixieL
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I would do anything in the world for my son. I will always be there and he is grown up and married

blaquechinadoll
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Have you looked into the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)? http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/
uriahadel
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Yes and I have!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)