Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What's on the menu for the 4th?

Posted by   + Show Post
What will you be having tomorrow?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Replies (11-17):
Sarlinda
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Bbq pork chops..noodles...and corn. Ice cream later before the fireworks. :D

lindilouwho82
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM

My family hosts what we call "The Great American Food Fest!" and everyone that is invited is asked to bring a dish that best captures their heritage. Since we all come from different walks of life, cultures, beliefs and back-grounds the menu is quite varied.

My family personally cooks steaks, burgers, hot dogs and corn, all on the grill. All the other dishes just accompany what we provide. It's so much fun to see what everyone brings and how diverse the food traditions in each household are.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Too much, lol.

grilled lime chicken, sausage, hot dogs and burgers

pasta salad and what ever my MIL gets, deviled eggs, fruit, chips, cookies and rocket pops for dessert.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Nothing special. My family isn't big or terribly close. My mom brought my neice and nephew here to swim (we share a yard with my aunt and grandmother and the pool belongs to my aunt). We aren't cooking anything. 

DH is boiling eggs for tuna fish right now. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Looks absolutely delicious! :)

Quoting SuperPickle:

Bacon Explosion Burgers.....got it all prepped today

Sides.... homemade tortilla chips with Artichoke Dip, Raspberry Coleslaw, Red, White and Blue Potato Salad, Grilled Corn on the Cob, Grilled Veggies(Asparagus, Carrots, Onions and Cactus) 

and Berry cheesecake bars for dessert.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM
That's awesome! :)

Quoting lindilouwho82:

My family hosts what we call "The Great American Food Fest!" and everyone that is invited is asked to bring a dish that best captures their heritage. Since we all come from different walks of life, cultures, beliefs and back-grounds the menu is quite varied.

My family personally cooks steaks, burgers, hot dogs and corn, all on the grill. All the other dishes just accompany what we provide. It's so much fun to see what everyone brings and how diverse the food traditions in each household are.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM
We're having hot dogs,cheeseburgers,baked beans, and tater tots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)