Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

High Blood Pressure

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

We just found out my husband has stage 1 hypertension. He is on 37 and it really scares me. I know its really common but his blood pressure has always beenn pretty low. He has a stressful job and he says our kids are stressing him out. He is also very overweight. The Dr. put him on Lipinosil(sp). Does anyone have any info they can share on the subject?

by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liss05
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I have been dealing with HBP since my DS was born 7 years ago if there is any questions that you wanna ask feel free I will try to answer them based on personal expierience.

storm55
by Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Thanks. Do you know what causes your HBP? What are you taking?

liss05
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I developed Pre-empclampsia when I was pregnant with my DS(2005) and it never was the same I am currently taking Methyldopa since my pregnancy with my DD(2009) but probably going to be going back to my old meds shortly,(Atenlol).And also HBP sadly runs in my family I keep hearing good things about the South Beach Diet in reducing HBP.

Quoting storm55:

momof3jones
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM
I take atenolol to that just put me back on it.. and its not takeing it down to fast.. but befor thay put me back on it... hbp was throw the roof.. but it worked last time for me...

Quoting liss05:

I developed Pre-empclampsia when I was pregnant with my DS(2005) and it never was the same I am currently taking Methyldopa since my pregnancy with my DD(2009) but probably going to be going back to my old meds shortly,(Atenlol).And also HBP sadly runs in my family I keep hearing good things about the South Beach Diet in reducing HBP.

Quoting storm55:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
Well, Kyle had his first sleepover last night at his friend's house and it was successful! :) Can't wait to hear all about it when I pick him up.
Today at 9:27 AM
by Linnette on Jul. 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3_dll
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 8:18 PM
I developed high blood pressure two years ago and prior was always low. I had even lost 30lbs. Dr. told me mine seemed to be genetic vs lifestyle. I take the lowest dose of lisinopril and doing well on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
storm55
by Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Quoting momof3_dll:

I developed high blood pressure two years ago and prior was always low. I had even lost 30lbs. Dr. told me mine seemed to be genetic vs lifestyle. I take the lowest dose of lisinopril and doing well on it.

My husband just started lisinopril yesterday. 20mg. Do you have any side effects?

Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I just found out I have high blood pressure in November.  Mine is stress related too, and my weight isn't helping, but neither is exercising.  I have been working out like crazy and have barely lost anything, but I also lost my thyroid last month and that hasn't been adjusted yet.  Hopefully once that is adjusted I can loose some weight.  My diet was already really good as my husband is diabetic so we live on a diabetic friendly diet, as well as no processed food.  I'm on Labetalol and HCTZ, and I think they are helping.  I know when my husband found out he was diabetic all he did was cut out pop, and most carbs and he lost 50 lbs, fast.  He's all skinny now. 

dani0007
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM

my hubby dropped 40 pounds and he is right as rain now and hes only 32 ..... just changing little things in his diet will help lots. Ps my dh was on the same stuff but wouldnt take it.

ambercates
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)