Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

**I FINALLY DID IT!! (AND HE HAS NO IDEA)**

Posted by   + Show Post

After being married to an alcholic for almost 16 years and living a life of a roller coaster, taking all his abuse (mental, verbal, and at times physical), putting my kids in a bad environment, and just over all living a life of chaos...

I RENTED A UHAUL STORAGE YESTERDAY AND WHEN HE GOES TO WORK EITHER FRIDAY OR MONDAY, I AM PACKING UP AND LEAVING!!!!

I have friends helping me move. I have support from my family and friends. I live 2 hours from my parents and 10 hours from my sister so they can't help me move out but they will be there for us to go to. My kids and I will be staying with my sister until I get a place of my own. I am scared to start this new journey but I have complete faith in both The Lord and Myself!! I know it won't be easy but I am ready to take it on!!

PLEASE DON'T RESPOND UNLESS YOU HAVE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT OR ADVISE!

Rach :)

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
Meand5
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Good for you!!!! I hope it works out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maridave
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM
I HOPE YOU ARE PROUD OF YOURSELF it takes courage and strength and you proved that you got that by doing what you are doing. Someone asked if you filed the necessary papers to protect yourself I agree that once you arrive to your destination you get orders of protection just in case and make sure you do what you need to do to protect the custody of your children so he dolesnt try to use them to get you back in town. MAY GOD BLESS YOU and if there is anything I can do besides keep u and ur family in my prayers get in contact with me. Good luck and god bless
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kkmack
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Good luck!!! Maybe consider a restraining order as well? He probably won't react well. Stay strong!

m0m23b0ys458
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Good luck!!!

laydmartin29
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Congrats girly!! good luck!!!! Be safe!!! Get flock outta there ur better than that and dont look back if he hurting you!!!!  

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Be safe!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbears
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:45 AM
12 years with an alchoholic here...you can do it!! Good luck and be safe!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Congratulations and good luck God be with you and your kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach-2
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:57 AM
He will be at work

Quoting Acid:

I'm honestly curious here but isn't he going to notice the rather large moving truck parked in the driveway?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach-2
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:16 AM
I'm sorry, I hope things change before the worst does happen. I was promised many many empty promises, they get old. Good luck, obviously you and I are not the only ones struggling with "drinkers"...
I'm here if you need to chat!

Quoting Lyzmom:

Way to go momma! Good luck in your ventures. Stay strong, talk to someone, anyone... and often. You can work through it. You deserve better!

I did the same as you 1 1/2 years ago. Only, I went back after a few months because he quit drinking.

Well...he fell off the wagon two weeks ago. His choice, but I'm preparing for the worst.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)