Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you deal with toy gifts you don't want? / Does anyone use a toy registry?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM
  • 36 Replies

I've been getting toys from friends and family that aren't exactly what I want for my LO. Anyone else having the same problem? How do you deal with it? Do toy registries work?

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misstaylor85
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I just pass it along to someone else that wants it no hard feelings no big deal and no one knows.

SourRoses
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

what does LO mean before i reply lol

kidatheart26
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM

are you regifting a lot of toys? i'm always afraid of getting caught.

JeremysMom
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
If it is too complicated or not age appropriate, then I will put it away until the appropriate time. If it is a double of something that he already has, then I will try to exchange it. I generally don't with hold toys that he receives just because I don't like them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joshlor2
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:02 PM
If I can't trade it in in store I will give it away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:02 PM

i do a few things.  i'll either put it back in a box i have for gifts & regift it for a classmate party they may get invited to.  i'll donate it to toys for tots or such.  or i'll donate it to the local foster support center.

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I regift. I know its horrible and people may think I'm horrible but I don't care. My daughter has been getting a lot of those "make your own jewlery", this last birthday she even got her own "Design your own tattoo set" I was like REALLY??? She is 7 and it was from a classmate. She really is not into the kind of stuff she just likes to play with the beads and get them everywhere, Unless it was a classroom setting I don't even think my kids ever played with play doh. Yes I am a mean mommy :D

Owner of Groups:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114224  May 2005 Kids

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114223 September 2002 kids

http://www.cafemom.com/group/116341 Once Upon A Time (TV Series)

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jul. 12, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Little One

Quoting SourRoses:

what does LO mean before i reply lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jul. 12, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Yep although for my daughters 2nd birthday she got a toy for 6+ years old. I didn't want to hold onto it for 4 years so I returned it.

Quoting JeremysMom:

If it is too complicated or not age appropriate, then I will put it away until the appropriate time. If it is a double of something that he already has, then I will try to exchange it. I generally don't with hold toys that he receives just because I don't like them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I either help the kids exchange it for an appropriate toy.....or regift it at the next party.

I, personally, despise ALL gift registries and have (and will) never buy something off of them.....especially for a kid's birthday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)