Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you get insecure/jealous around other beautiful females when your mans there?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM
  • 21 Replies

I work in a salon. So both men and women come in.

I'm attractive, thin build (used to model). I got breast implants after I stopped breastfeeding. I Don't flaunt them or show much cleavage at all.

But since getting the implants, my husband is constantly on me about what I'm wearing to work. And to be honest it's nothing different then what I wore prior to breast implants.

His reasoning is that he thinks that I may make some of the wives who come in to my work with their boy friends or husbands, feel insecure, or make them not want to come to me for services...

Like I said, I'm not flaunting anything, nor am I showing cleavage. I'm not dressed trashy at all, very respectfull.

So my questions are

1. Are you a female who would stop going to a salon because you felt insecure because of the female who worked there, ( if you have a boy friend or husband who also goes to the same salon)

2. Or is this just my hubby being insecure because of the new ta ta's?

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Threes.Company
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:52 PM

1)  No, I wouldn't.  Lots of hair dressers at the salon dress/look as you are describing.  I don't care.  My DH isn't going to be hitting on the hairdressers.  DH usually goes to a Great Clips anyway, so it doesn't affect my choice in salons.

2)  Sounds like your DH is just getting used to your new breasts.  I think he's likely the one that is insecure, not those women... unless you are suddenly losing a lot of business or something?

periwinkle163
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:54 PM

hismommy2010
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:54 PM

No, business is the same. And I'm not the flirting type. And to be honest I'venever even felt that any of the male customers were being any other way but respectfull.

Quoting Threes.Company:

1)  No, I wouldn't.  Lots of hair dressers at the salon dress/look as you are describing.  I don't care.  My DH isn't going to be hitting on the hairdressers.  DH usually goes to a Great Clips anyway, so it doesn't affect my choice in salons.

2)  Sounds like your DH is just getting used to your new breasts.  I think he's likely the one that is insecure, not those women... unless you are suddenly losing a lot of business or something?

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:59 PM
3 moms liked this

Well my husband shaves his head so he doesn't go to a salon. But when he did I couldn't care less what his hairdresser wore. I'm secure in my marriage and other women don't bother me. 

I'd rather have someone who looks decent do my hair than some frumpy chick. How are you supposed to make me look good if you can't help yourself?

Bigmetalchicken
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Naw. Honestly, I am worse about checking out beautiful women than he is. 

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
You forgot humble...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM
I think he's insecure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I think your husband's reasoning is his lame ass excuse instead of him just telling you that you being in public with your hot bod makes him nervous LOL.

I wouldn't stop going to a salon just because the girl there was hot.  I wouldn't make my husband stop going either.  I got a male personal trainer and my husband started making cracks about my guy on the side.  I did make him sit down with me and have a serious talk to make sure he wasn't really worried about something.  The jokes continued after that.  THEN the jokes continued when my trainer moved and I got a trainer who was a girl.  LOL.

violetlady
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:13 PM
No, I know a few woman on this planet would be with my dh( he is a high maintainance person) when he thinks a woman is pretty he will tell me . We have very good communication.

He probably is been over protective over you since you have something that he knows will get attention from others . Just act normal and he will get used to it with time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michelle80123
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I hate to be the one to break the trend, but I would stop going, or at least ask him to stop going. When my husband and I first met I was working all the time and was thin. I was turning heads left and right. I started getting sexually harassed at work and became very depressed. I lost my job because of it and since then (in the last year) have gained over 40 pounds. I know that my husband loves me and he tells me that I beautiful all the time but my insecurities tell me to keep him away from people like you. I really hope that that does not offend you in any way. Again it has nothing to do with you or beautiful woman like you but until I can resolve myself, I would have to ask him to go to the barber shop instead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN