Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it just me or are a lot of moms..

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok, here it is. Is it just me or are alot of moms dropping off kids at the library and going to work or out to do erands and leaving kids to be babysat by the library. What if the kid gets hungry or thirsty? The kids are between 7-11. I can understand if the child is 16-18. They are old enough to go to the library as long as you have a set time and then show up early to see if they stay or is ducking out to do something else. 7-11 seems a little too young to be left at home alone and left at a library. Would you leave your child with babysitter if you knew they were a child predator? I am at the library and the mom does it every day not just once. She has an old daughter and could have the 18 yr daughter watch the 8 yr old but they leave the 8yr old to both go to work. I could hear them say here is some money and your dad will pick you up in 5hours. I know her hubby makes real good money. I meet them before. Any one else think I should tell someone?

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Replies (11-20):
randomosityblog
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I think 11 is a fine age. 7? No.

randomosityblog
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting peggy_sue82:

That's technically child abdonement before the age of 12.I would report the cheap parents to cps.

No, it's not. Where the heck did you hear that?

Chymerra
by Jolie on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Kids aren't allowed in our library by themselves until 12. Our library does summer programs and even if you don't go in with the kids, you have to stay. The organizer takes your name and where you will be in there in case they need to get you.

mrsary
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Yea, I have never heard of this!

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I've never seen this happen at our library and we are there all the time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine2plus2
by Sunshine on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow thats crazy. I didn't even know parents did that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevilInPigtails
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Sounds fishy for sure, I would alert the Liberary, since they could be held libiable if something happened.

Personally I couldn't do this at 8. My daughter would be scared and terrified to leave and get herself food. I am all for independance, but I do that with decisions in her clothing, hair, room decor or sleep away camp. Not allowing a child I wouldn't trust to babysitt be alone in a public place is fine with me.
Aslen
by Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:39 AM
2 moms liked this

here if there's an unattended child at the library they call the cops. 

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I've seen this at the library here. It's sad.

mjande4
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't think it's too young and it's NOT abandonment, but when we go to the library it's a family outing.  To each their own.

Amberleigh81
by Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Call CPS. There are creepers at the library!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)