Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
My family is more than struggling in the financial department. Dh was out of work for a year and that really hurt us. I know we are not alone in this situation, but sometimes it feels like we are.
So here's the situation. I have two jobs - one where I work Monday & Thursday 5-9 pm; one where I work Sat 8 - 7 & Sun 10 - 6. I've been offered a third job where I will be working Monday - Friday 7:45 - 2:15. My question is this - do I work all three jobs and be thankful for the extra money OR work the two weekday jobs to have the weekends off OR work the full time weekday job and the part time weekend job to be home every week night by 3:30? Decisions, decisions.
Please advise me. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Replies (11-19):
KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Quoting larabear1:

just rember the time u spend at work is time away from ur kids.. u have 2 jobs .that all u need..he needs to take on 2 jobs if needed..jmo
DannieLou
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Which ones pay more? I'd have a hard time choosing between having weekends off or being home for dinner every week night, myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larabear1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 7:59 PM
The weekend job pays more, but it is also further away.

I've been at the weekend job for four years...it would be so nice to have the weekends off.

Quoting DannieLou:

Which ones pay more? I'd have a hard time choosing between having weekends off or being home for dinner every week night, myself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rawrmommysaurus
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:13 PM

How much is each job paying?

You could work all 3, as long as you can get a few days off every other week or so.  I worked a job for a year and a half where I worked 9 hrs a day 6 days a week, 7 during the holidays.  I was mentally and physically exhausted during the holidays.

Could you switch the hours on the weekend job to every other weekend off, and work those evening during the week?

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Like  PP said, take the job at your daughter's school until you get caught up. Then dump the weekend job once things get settled. That's what I'd do. 

Or try to find a whole new job that offers benefits and good hours. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:29 PM
I agree.

Quoting emarin77:

If I were you take the weekends off to be with family and some relaxation from working.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nenasam
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:08 PM

I would say, have the weekend off to spend times with your hubby and your kid(s)

peachangel1
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:52 PM

my company is hiring for Recuiters..are you still interested in a job?

larabear1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:09 AM
Where do you work? What state? I'm pretty much set, but maybe dh can apply.

Quoting peachangel1:

my company is hiring for Recuiters..are you still interested in a job?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)