Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

He kissed my son's penis..........

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 9:41 PM
  • 70 Replies

My 7 year old son went to his friend's bday party on Sunday (yesterday) and that's when his friend kissed his penis.

My parents drop him off and he told me that his friend (Nico) kissed his penis while he was getting dressed from going swimming.

Well my dad spoke with my son about this. He told Alex, my son, how Nico shouldn't have had done that. It wasn't right. He told Alex that it was very good of him to tell an adult right away. He also told Alex kids at his age are curious and maybe that's why he did that.

So Nico's mother text me this message this morning:

"Alex told me what happened yesterday and I had a talk with Nico. He was in his room crying after Alex left, I told him that it was very inappropriate what he did and that now Alex was probably not going to be able to come over again. I also googled it and it talks about this is the age where they try to imitate adults. So I don't know if he saw a bad movie on tv or where he got it from."

So later after she got out of work she called me and pretty much told me the same thing.

I told her that kids her son's age like to experiment and sometimes those are the things that kids do.

Later on, I asked my son Alex if he would ever want to go to Nico's house again.

He told me yes because accidents happen.

My parents told me that if Alex feels comfortable enough to go to Nico's house that he still should continue to go over there.

My question is, would you, as a parent, feel comfortable enough to allow your 7 year old son to go over to his friends house even after his friend kissed your son's penis?

*and for those who may be wondering: where were the parents? Nico's father was at work and Nico's mother was out running an errand for the bday party. The mother left her 14 year old daughter in charge of the younger kids*

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amberleigh81
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:23 PM
14 moms liked this
Yes. Kids do experiment at that age. The parents handled it, you handled it, now let them forget about it and be kids again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I would have said yes until you got to the part where she left my 7 year old with a 14 year old. I don't leave my kids with anyone under the age of 21 and I'd be pissed that she did it. But I also let everyone know my expectations before my kids are allowed to stay anywhere. 

signingmama2915
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
How old was Nico? For me to be comfortable sending my child over there again i would have to require that a parent stay there with them and not allow them alone in a room together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.TessaLynn
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Yes I would. I agree that children experiment at that age & his parents handled it very well as you did.

myoldest1999
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I could never allow him to go back but that's because I was molested by my grandfather (someone I should have been able to trust) and my mother knew and didn't care (the one that's supposed to protect you) so I'm constantly looking for odd behavior from others when they are around my children. If my own mother allowed such things, what would others allow?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM
5 moms liked this
Kids do experiment and that sounds like it was addressed properly. That wouldn't be my concern. My concern would be his mother leaving your son and other people's children in the care of a 14 year old child. If she wants to do that with her own children that's her choice, but not ok during a BD party when other children were entrusted to HER care. That would be what would make me hesitate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2almost
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I would allow them to continue to be friends but I would only allow my son back at his house if there would be a PARENT present to keep an eye on things.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
stephsmom05
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I can certainly see your worry.  I would imagine that it is the age of the kids and curiousity as they couldnt possibly know what is going on.  As for the parents being home, I could understand the mom had to run out quick and the 14 yo could watch, but maybe next time she better prepare.  Im sure it would have happened regardless being that the kids were alone in the room.  I would let your son still see him, but tell him to never dress/undress in front of anyone accept his parents.  It was nice that his mom called immediately too and discussed the situation.

SugarrCane
Yesterday at 5:13 PM
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Most likely it is just a kid being curious but I'd stay on the safe side and not allow my kid over at their house anymore.  It is pretty odd behavior that he definitely saw/got from somewhere.  I would be worried about what kind of influence is going on at their house or if possibly someone has done something to that child to give him that idea.  It definitely raises a reg flag.

rebeccasmly
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM
I would only under parental supervison.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)