Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No one seems to have the right words to say. No matter how much or how different I explain things, no one seems to get how truly my heart is aching.

My poor husband is tryinghis best to be supportive and trying to day the right things to help my pain, but nothing helps.

What I wouldn't do to have just one more day with mom. I'd go get my nails done with her like she liked but always complained about or dragged my feet doing because I'm just not into that. Even of out was just to watch TV our to the park to let Jay play. Anything mom wanted to do, I would.

No one seems to understand how much I talked to mom every day. I could talk to her about anything withoutfeast, judgment, or her living me our anyone any less. I'm so lost because I don't have that with anyone else. I know I have plenty of family, friends, hell even my mother in law (who promised my mom to love me like I was her own daughter) that want to be there for me and be that constant mom was, but it's not the same. No one seems to know how to keep me level headed our say just the right things to calm me down our just love and listen to me like mom. I know my husband tries.

I find myself getting irritated and upset when I can't get the comfort I'm seeking that mom gave, which just makes out even harder.

Worse of all I feel as of I didn't get to say a proper goodbye to mom before she passed. I know she wanted it this way. She made sure that none of uskids could get to her fast enough. She even made sure that my step dad want there. She sent him home from the hospice room to go feed the dogs at home. =( But no matter how much I rationalize this out in my head that this was moms decision and way, it still doesn't help or hurry any less.

My heart hurts so much for my boys, how they are so young and won't know their wonderful grandma, who loved then so muchthat even chemo sickness didn't keep her from their baby showers, and births at the hospital. Or my oldest first birthday and all of the holidays. I'm sad because mom was helping me plan a circus themed second birthday for my oldest. We even started building a popcorn stand for the treats. I just have no energy to finish it our carry out out because mom isn't here to help and enjoy it. Just hurts more than I could every scribe.

Feeling so lost and alone right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Replies (11-15):
momventure
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Words sometimes don't translate into feelings.Your loss is something beyond words of consolation.The way you feel won't go away in an instant,it will take time for you to heal .Acceptance will make it easy and denial will only worsen things up for you.

Its OK to be sad sometimes, but you have to remember that she would want you to be there for your kids,she would want you to go ahead with the birthday party.You should try to build happy memories for your kids just like she did for you.Hope it helped...

stickyfingers
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:05 PM
i lost my mom too sweetie and feel the same way...i still miss her mom advice and still talk about her every day...you are grieving and its healthy. keep letting urself feel what you feel. it does get easier...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I am sorry for your loss, I can't imagine losing my mom.

MommyAJ2921
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:31 PM

No one knows the right words to say because at a time like this there are no right words. I've read the replies here and my heart goes out to each and every one of you. Know this EM I will be praying it gets better for you as time goes on...for all of you.

MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I am right there with you. I know exactly what you are going through. My mom was there for the birth of my youngest child and then two months later diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. He was only 9 months old when she passed. I will be lucky if my oldest will remember her at all. She was my best friend in the world too. ((Hugs)) It has been over a year since I lost mine and time has helped but the pain will always be there. It just gets easier to cope with if that makes any sense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)