Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Have you started back to school shopping

Posted by   + Show Post
Yesterday I put a lay-a-way on at Kmart. I got both my girls 3 outfits and 2 shirts a peice. I got 2 pair of jeans and 5 shirts for both of my boys. And got them all a pack of underwear. My total was only $147 with the $5 fee and tax.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
treeswallow
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM

haven't started just yet. School starts in early September and I will have 2 kids attending school this year, so at the moment I am trying to put enough money aside for all the new clothes and shoes they'll need. I shop for most of their school supplies (they'll be in pre-k and k this year) at the dollar store, so I mainly focus on saving up enough for clothes. I either go to walmart or to a kids thrift store for most of their things. The one thing I won't need to get either of them this year is a backpack because they each got a new one for christmas last year.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM
I have 4 so I know it's going to be a huge amount.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Yep. I started in April actually. JcPenney had a HUGE end of season clearance and the stuff was perfect for BTS time. I got darn near everything I needed for my 3 boys for less than $75. I also got Nikes for each of them for less than $60 at Ross. All I have left is socks and undies. 

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:20 PM
That is some killer deals lol.

Quoting SuperPickle:

Yep. I started in April actually. JcPenney had a HUGE end of season clearance and the stuff was perfect for BTS time. I got darn near everything I needed for my 3 boys for less than $75. I also got Nikes for each of them for less than $60 at Ross. All I have left is socks and undies. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I'm waiting until the tax free weekend to do clothes shopping.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:38 PM
We dont have that here boo

Quoting Jadegirl1819:

I'm waiting until the tax free weekend to do clothes shopping.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PhoebemomofBRDM
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Nope. I have to buy for 4 kids plus my own classroom. I have a little less than a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CJKadenChlosmom
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:00 PM
I haven't started yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Traci_Momof2
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I've started but not finished.  I shopped the used uniform sale at my school for their uniforms.  Got two standard size reusable shopping bags full of clothes for only $45.  I've got some school supplies but still need to get most of those.  I have gotten their backpacks.  Still need to get them shoes, socks & underwear.

I'll probably finish in the next couple weeks.

countrygirl06
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Not yet they still have another month so probably will do it in a week or two.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN