Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Essure permanant birth control

Posted by   + Show Post

So yesterday I  had the essure procedure done at the hospital. For those who dont know it is a parmanant birth control. More effective than tieing the tubes. The Dr. places a small coil inside each one of your falopian tubes and within 3 months your tissue grows around the coils completely blocking them for good..I have had no pain except for minor cramps. I will go to work on monday. I am 38 with a 16 year old and an 8 year old..I am done..Has anyone  had this done?

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
robsgurl_23
by Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I dont think I will ever have this done..the who coil in the tubes freaks me out and grosses me out thinking about it. All I can picture is the coil puncturing my tubes and stuff like that which I am sure it rarely happens.

gerigirl90
by Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I never heard about that. I want a hysterectomy cuz I have endometiosis & I'm so done being sick and in severe pain every month. But I would get it if it wasn't for the hysterectomy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elischulenburg
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I'm planning to have it done as soon as I can get an appointment scheduled. I was weirded out by the whole "coil in my tubes" thing too, until my dr told me it's the same material as is used in hip replacements. For some reason that made me feel better.

Myruhbel
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:45 AM
I wanna do it! But scared since I have the worst luck w/ evvvvverything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mgarze
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Well its been 2 days. I feel good.i was told to take ibuprofen if needed but have not needed at all..The coils are soft and flexible. It took about 10 minutes from the time my dr. went in the vagina nut with prep and all I was put in an hour..I go on aug. 8th for a follow up and i will post then what she says..

mamahogan2
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:53 PM
I am planning to get this done Aug 10th. I was planning to get my tubes tied but I dont want to pump & dump plus I just dont want to do elective surgery. My doctor does it in the office while you are awake.
i am a little scared but I would rather the Essure for the conveinence.
i would love to hear more about the procedure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugar38
by Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:57 PM
An thinking about havimg it done i have a 7yr 3yr and a one week only baby alll girls an 37 an done also went through aot with my last one

Quoting mommyneedssleep:

omg i thought i was reading my post lol...i have it done..i had no problems either. of course after i did it i read alot of people complain about it. mine has been done over a year and no problems at all... i have a 15 year old, almost 16 and a 7 year old..i thought i was the only one with that age gap lol...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Haven't done it and have no plans to do it. DH had a vasectomy 6 years ago.

tigermommy24
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:11 PM
I cant do the ensurre im allergic to nickle so i went with the paragaurd
Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Had it done 3 years ago. Glad I did.  It didn't hurt at all, and less risk and failure rate than tubal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)