Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Need some womanly advice

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:23 PM
  • 13 Replies

Just in the past few days I have some health issues. Issues that have made me withdraw from family and friends. One so called friend chewed me out for not being "sisterly" and not "respectful" because I won't sit and answer my phone when she calls me. Others understand and don't give me hell for it but she does she now says that she can't trust me because I am not being a good friend, a good sister, states that Ive taken advantage of her. I don't ask for her help and am grateful when she does but when I tell her some days I need time to myself she gets mad and takes it personally and blows it out of proportion. What should I do? How do I respond to this? Should I ignore it? SHould I take  her off of my Facebook? Any words of advice is welcome

Momma to my strong willed son who forever has my heart
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BOOGIETHEBOOG
Jason I am really missing you TONS right now.. God please give him a hug for me.
Yesterday at 3:08 PM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting thetrivetts:

Just in the past few days I have some health issues. Issues that have made me withdraw from family and friends. You have the right to take time away when needed.  One so called friend chewed me out for not being "sisterly" and not "respectful" because I won't sit and answer my phone when she calls me. It is not law that you have to answer the phone when it rings. She need to know that the world dose not relove around her.   Others understand and don't give me hell for it but she does she now says that she can't trust me because I am not being a good friend, a good sister, states that Ive taken advantage of her. If you did not ask for help from her,you did not take advantage of her. I don't ask for her help and am grateful when she does but when I tell her some days I need time to myself she gets mad and takes it personally and blows it out of proportion. SHe can get ove it. Some poeple needs time to their selves. What should I do? Cut her out of your life. She seems like a cancer,  How do I respond to this?  Should I ignore it? SHould I take  her off of my Facebook? Any words of advice is welcome 

If you do take her off of your friends you do not have to tell her why. But it might help her see why you took her off.  

chinosruca
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM
2 moms liked this
People like that have no place in my life. If you can't respect me, I won't respect you. It I pretty easy for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheri305
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Quoting chinosruca:

People like that have no place in my life. If you can't respect me, I won't respect you. It I pretty easy for me.

Ditto

emiliasmom1028
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:19 PM
5 moms liked this

First this so called friend isn't your friend if she cannot understand that you have to take care of you and your health before her wants and needs.

I would firmly tell her that you are ill - don't want to be pestered - and if she does not like it tough.

It seems that she is trying to bully you. You always have one that just wants to kick ya when you are down.

gavs4boys
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

She doesn't deserve your friendship.  You aren't entitled to explain anything to her.  I'd cut her out of your life if she is going to be like that.

SBinford2010
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I completely agree with elisasmom post. She is not being the friend/sister.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 30, 2012 at 6:32 PM
This!

Quoting chinosruca:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 30, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Agree. Hope your feeling better soon.

Quoting emiliasmom1028:

First this so called friend isn't your friend if she cannot understand that you have to take care of you and your health before her wants and needs.

I would firmly tell her that you are ill - don't want to be pestered - and if she does not like it tough.

It seems that she is trying to bully you. You always have one that just wants to kick ya when you are down.

hismommy2010
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't go to the facebook removal... To me, people put way to much into the damn facebook. It tends to make adults act like highschool students with all the drama BS. So leave that alone...

Dont take any help from her. Other wise she is going to feel used. If you don't take the help, then she has no reason to feel used.

Megzboys
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:13 AM

She is not being a good friend to you and not being concerned for what you need.   She seems a bit dense as well as selfish for expecting you to answer the phone when you need rest and quiet time for yourself.   Could one of your more understanding friends tell her that you have some health issues and you need time to rest without verbal attacks from her?  Maybe it might eventually sink in that she is being selfish and childish when she should have been more understanding.   She does not have to know why you need time to yourself, she simply has to respect it and not try to make you feel guilty for not paying constant attention to her. 

I love my boys

boy kissing mom                                        

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)