Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
i have a ? I have 4 kids my oldest will be 12 this December well my husband says since its summer let him stay up till 12. I say no his bed time should be 10. So what do you ladies think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Replies (21-30):
nhultberg
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I was thinking the same thing. My kids know that 8:30 is pushing it. I'm up at 5 and out the door no later than 6:30 every morning. And they also have to get up too.

Quoting heatherh610:

Um, I'm a meany...all of my kiddos have an 8pm bedtime reguardless of summer or school year. They thrive on routine and don't sleep in past 6am no matter what time they go to bed. Ages are 14, 10, and 7 next Monday. My 14 and 10 yr old are allowed to push it back to 9 of there is something special on tv or that they want to do...and of course other rare exceptions are made if a nap was taken during the day.

Mommy2Nia
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:57 PM
During the summer I let my 10 year old daughter stay up as long as I am awake. Sometimes it is 10. Sometimes it is 2. We will usually be watching Disney together that late. During school I try to have her in bed by 9.
storkradio193
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I think in bed at 10pm is what I will do, but let them read if they want until they fall asleep. 

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

soymujer
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Bedtimes for summer for my 12 and 14 year old is 10

family in the van   Mom of four

vlester
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:03 PM

my son is 11 and we both are night owls so in the summer he can stay up as late as i hang. BUt I am not sure what bedtme he will have now that he is moving to middle school this year but in 5th grade it was 9pm

bestevermom5
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Wow I guess my kids would be lucky then... mine range in age from 8 to 15 and theres 5 of them.  Once school is out in June, and all of July...they are allowed to stay up as late as they want!!! No bedtimes,  and they must be up by 10am or else they get a bedtime. Some stay up til 2am. I stay home in the summer and only work 1 day a month.  Starting the first week of August they must be in bed by midnight. Then we slowly go back to normal bedtime within 2 to 3 weeks. They start school 3rd  week of August. Never had any problems so far!! Normal bedtimes range from 8pm to 10pm

lexipooh78
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:34 PM

DS is almost 2 and he goes to bed about 10:30pm. and sleeps until about 9:30am. DH and I go to bed at 1am and get up at 9am for him to get ready and off to work.  Once DS starts Pre-K we will have to see what time he gets up and how much sleep he will need.  DH and his brothers had to go to bed by 8pm year round until they were out of HS basically because his mom didn't want to deal with them. After I was 7 I no longer had a bedtime. I went to bed when I was tired and even if I was tired I still had to get up and make it to school. If I was tired the next day my Mom suggested I go to bed earlier but it was never a rule.

alissaplusthree
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I say as long as he

-is getting enough sleep,

-is able to function/participate in the the next day's activities, and

-is not interferring with anyone else's sleep or schedule.....

it does not matter what time he goes to bed.

BannerElkHogans
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM

our curfew an bedtime an all that when I was a kid was 10:30-11pm

litllady
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM
I say 10.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)