Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

DS starts pre k next ...i need advice about bathroom etiquette

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:28 AM
  • 20 Replies
I'm a nervous wreck lol. One main concern I have is that he still needs help wiping his tush. He does it himself but usually only after he is reminded a million times. At school he can't just run out of the stall with his pants around his ankles asking for his butt to be wiped. I need some advice!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I would just really really work on getting him to remember to wipe everytime. They didn't do that in my sons pre-k unless it was for the three year olds. 4 and 5 had to be able to do it on their own.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

you would also be very surprised how many kids will NOT poop at school

tyfry7496
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:39 AM
I'm a preschool teacher and it's common for kids to run out of the bathroom with their pants around their ankles or off. Check your schools policy, some allow the teachers to help wipe kids and others don't. We can but only do so if it's a messy BM. Practice at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeremysMom
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:41 AM
This.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

you would also be very surprised how many kids will NOT poop at school

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Who would I even ask? Perhaps his teacher? There is an open house Monday but Id feel a bit shy asking that personal of a question.

Quoting tyfry7496:

I'm a preschool teacher and it's common for kids to run out of the bathroom with their pants around their ankles or off. Check your schools policy, some allow the teachers to help wipe kids and others don't. We can but only do so if it's a messy BM. Practice at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambercates
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:08 AM
I am a pre-k teacher also, and most do fine! A lot will not poop at school bc Of that reason! Others just don't wipe, and the parents complain, but in a public school we are not supposed to wipe bottoms!! I'm not going there with all the lawsuits people.file these days!!

Quoting tyfry7496:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:11 AM
I would imagine he will I mean since it will be a 7 hour day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vermontmoms
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Don't feel shy! Either call the pre-school director or ask the teacher. It won't be a question she's never heard!

That said start working with your ds. Talk about going potty at the new school. Tell him to practice wiping at home. We had wipes in the beginning and told them to wipe till it came out clean. Mine never pooped at school. They always held it ;)

Quoting Owl_Feather:

Who would I even ask? Perhaps his teacher? There is an open house Monday but Id feel a bit shy asking that personal of a question.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junip1977
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Mine never pooped at school either.  LOL  Can you see if the classroom will have wipes on hand.  You could ask the teacher or maybe you can supply them and have them in the bathroom so he can use one when he is done.  I personally couldn't ask someone else to wipe it for him, but that's just me.  :-)  Good luck!

Willow.wind
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 5:23 PM
He will be fine!... It's some thing that you will re visit often with kids. They rush forget ect... Even when older... Poop stains in undies & itchy bums they will get the hang of it in their own time like everything else. To make you feel better the teachers are on them to wash their hands at sinks they usually can watch. My eww mom worry isn't poo on butt, it's poo on fingers!! Im a few kids into this....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)