Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

We haven't had sex in over ...

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:10 PM
  • 28 Replies
two months. Before that it was three months. He's 39 and admitted that he's having a problem. I need some help. Have any of your husbands had this problem? What can be done, besides the doctor? He works way late in the day and he doesn't have sick days at work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoGibson
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM

mine did but it was a symptom of depression. once he changed his situation he came back to life.

laylolilah
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:43 PM
A friend of mine told me that her man was "having a problem" too. She has since gotten past it by taking the pressure off. She said she'd give him massages with no intentions on having sex. Just comfortable touching. Let him touch, cuddle her, spoon, all lovey touchy-ness...and then just not try to so it. Eventually he wanted it bad, there was no pressure...and it was all good! Hope this helps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM

He can go to an urgent care or after hours clinic.  My husband had problems, found out he was diabetic. 

mustloveanimals
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Mine said he has low sex drive now that he is older and he won't seek treatment because it doesn't bother him. Yes, it bothers me. No, he doesn't get that sex is an important part of a marriage. I hope that eventually he'll understand. Unfortunately, I can't force this upon him.

My DH is 48 (I'm 35). So I guess I brought this on myself.

If he were open to it, I'd want him to see a doc. Could be a number of issues (the ladies here have already mentioned a few). In my man's case I think it could also be "low t" or low testosterone. He also weighs more than he should, but it doesn't bother me.

Anneliese's mompuppy

chinosruca
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:40 PM
My husband has no sex drive (he is 40) and I am glad. I don't have one either (I am 35). I would say it has been at least a year for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM

it could be a number of things, would he be open to taking natural supplements ??  I'm sure there are some out there ... Vitamin E daily, is a start.  Consult your pharmacist for the rest

rkkeller13
by Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:08 PM
DH and I just had sex 2 weeks ago for the first time in almost a year. Although the problem isn't him, its me. Low drive is my problem, and DH has been somewhat supportive. My Dr want to Rx testosterone for me to "up" my drive. It wasn't worth the side effects. But maybe they will work for your DH? Since he will already have the deepened voice, facial hair, and body hair, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gatorswife1401
by Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Wish I could help my dh and I are going through the same thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
storkradio193
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I doubt age is an issue until much later in life (60's).  Do you have a sense of the heart of the issue (e.g. whether physical or psychological or both)?  You will need help finding out the something closer to the source of the issue and then take steps from there (if willing like therapy or doctor or something alternative/complementary).

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Peechi81
by Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:20 PM
He may need to see a dr. My DH has low testosterone. That is why he had low drive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)