Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Our dog died today and we are all heartbroken! My 3 year old is so sad! My hubby is taking it pretty hard. He loved that dog so much!!! We will miss you Sushi! RIP old friend.

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Replies (41-45):
mybabysmama35
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Thank you.

Quoting mumsy2three:

I'm sorry :(

Hugs~

muffit55
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 4:09 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. Other dog lovers understand your grief like no others. Some would say "It's only a dog". To that I say, "Maybe to you it was only a dog but to us ishe was a loving member of our family." I have a yellow Lab who is closer to 15 than she is to 14 years old. She has gotten so bad in the last month and we have made the decision to "help" her die with dignity so I feel your pain. She has been such a loyal family member, showing unconditional love and companionship for many years. She has wiped many of my tears. She has kept me warm on chilly nights. She has walked with me a lot of miles. But, it is time to let her go and Monday or Tuesday I will be going through the same pain. It is so hard to lose them, sometimes as hard or harder than it is to lose some of the people in our lives. The death of a family pet can be so hard on the children and to mine I read the story called The Rainbow Bridge. Maybe it will help yours too.

mybabysmama35
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I'm sorry for your loss too. We had another dog that we had to have put down because he got really sick and he was just suffering. That's a really hard thing to do. Hugs to you momma!

Quoting muffit55:

I am so sorry for your loss. Other dog lovers understand your grief like no others. Some would say "It's only a dog". To that I say, "Maybe to you it was only a dog but to us ishe was a loving member of our family." I have a yellow Lab who is closer to 15 than she is to 14 years old. She has gotten so bad in the last month and we have made the decision to "help" her die with dignity so I feel your pain. She has been such a loyal family member, showing unconditional love and companionship for many years. She has wiped many of my tears. She has kept me warm on chilly nights. She has walked with me a lot of miles. But, it is time to let her go and Monday or Tuesday I will be going through the same pain. It is so hard to lose them, sometimes as hard or harder than it is to lose some of the people in our lives. The death of a family pet can be so hard on the children and to mine I read the story called The Rainbow Bridge. Maybe it will help yours too.

ambercates
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Quoting offrdngal:

I am so sorry for the loss of your dog.  (((HUGS)))

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybabysmama35
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Thanks!

Quoting ambercates:

Quoting offrdngal:

I am so sorry for the loss of your dog.  (((HUGS)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN