Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Older first time moms....

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have find it hard to find a group of peers to meet with?  I had my daughter at 34 and when I try moms groups with my toddler I seem to be 10-15 years older than all the other moms and feel like a dinosaur.   Any suggestions?

by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Replies (21-25):
mommawhite08
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Most of the people I know had kids right out of high school. So if the are my age then their kids are way older than mmine and we have completely different parenting styles!
ecerka
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM
I have a hard time also. I was 37 when dd was born and no one my age has young children. I am the oldest of four in my family and even the youngest siblings youngest is 8. My dd just turned 2. My best friend has a 17 & 19 yr old and the 19 just had a baby this year. Man I feel old lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gemini2678
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM

i wish i could find more moms my age as well.  i had my first a month before i turned 30, my second when i was 33.  most moms in my area seem to be almost 10 years younger than me!

mustloveanimals
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I was 33 with my first and am now 35. I hear the clock ticking, so I would really like annother soon. My close friends (none of whom are close in distance unfortunately) were the same age as me when they had their first children so that is fine. I work in a field where everyone has a lot of education, and then they begin their career, and then they begin their family. So I am "normal." But I do see that I am one of the older ones when I am out and about. And at daycare, I think I am probably one of the older moms. I try not to let it bother me. I just hope it doesn't bother my DD when she is older and sees her parents are dinosaurs.

Anneliese's mompuppy

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:41 AM
I really don't let the age of the other moms bother me. As long as the kids get along that is all I worry about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)