Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

50 Shades of Grey

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:13 PM
  • 89 Replies
7 moms liked this

On the radio I was listening to some women bashing the books saying that they are a negitive representaion of what love should be and that the books are posining our minds and souls.....

I burst out laughing in my car thinking WOW my biggest concern is how are they planning on turning the books into movies!?!?!?!!?  LOLsidesplittinglaughter

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Oh boy.  Not something I'll be reading.  You're funny!  lol  

ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:18 PM
3 moms liked this

Lol, I thought they were good books. I heard that Alexander Skarsgarrd (Eric from True Bood) is being considered for the movie roll! Dear lord I don't know if my heart could handle that..

janessa27
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't know how they could make a movie out of them either but my vote for Christian Grey is

MrsJaiClark
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I also do not agree with the image the books are portraying. If only women would love and cherish their DH's as they have these imaginary characters we might see a drastic change in this world.

mylove415
by Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM
4 moms liked this

ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Huh? I've been with my husband for over 15 years and we are very happily married but I still thought the books were a hoot. 

Quoting MrsJaiClark:

I also do not agree with the image the books are portraying. If only women would love and cherish their DH's as they have these imaginary characters we might see a drastic change in this world.

AriMommy
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:29 PM
9 moms liked this

I am currently reading these books and since I'm an adult woman with a brain, I realize it's a BOOK, so it's fantasy/entertainment and it does not affect my relationship with my husband at all. I adore my husband and just as I don't negatively compare him to people I know in real life, I don't desire him to be a character in a book or movie.

Quoting MrsJaiClark:

ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know who this is but I vote YES!

Quoting mylove415:

MomsRule723
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Funny.  I have been wondering how they are going to turn it into a movie too.  It would be a rated HOT XXX movie.  Or else they would have to tone it down so much, it would lose its spark.

Love the Christian Grey samples you guys listed.  Totally could be my Christian Grey.

raerae725
by Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:32 PM
This and honestly i would gripe about my Dh from time to time no matter who he was.

Quoting AriMommy:

I am currently reading these books and since I'm an adult woman with a brain, I realize it's a BOOK, so it's fantasy/entertainment and it does not affect my relationship with my husband at all. I adore my husband and just as I don't negatively compare him to people I know in real life, I don't desire him to be a character in a book or movie.

Quoting MrsJaiClark:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)