Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

On the radio I was listening to some women bashing the books saying that they are a negitive representaion of what love should be and that the books are posining our minds and souls.....

I burst out laughing in my car thinking WOW my biggest concern is how are they planning on turning the books into movies!?!?!?!!?  LOLsidesplittinglaughter

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Replies (81-89):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Aug. 11, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Same here!

Quoting MomsRule723:

Funny.  I have been wondering how they are going to turn it into a movie too.  It would be a rated HOT XXX movie.  Or else they would have to tone it down so much, it would lose its spark.

Love the Christian Grey samples you guys listed.  Totally could be my Christian Grey.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheatreMom97
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Meh.  They are ok.  The first one was the worst written thing I've ever read.  The second was slightly better.  Having a hard time getting through the third.  All the blushing and lip biting and hand twitching made me want to slap myself for bothering.  I had to read them though to satisfy my curiosity.  I didn't find them all that shocking.

mommyrustina
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

What amuses me is that so many people (like the person on the radio that the OP described) think these books are bad for people and relationships because of the kinky relationship depicted in them. The main reason I haven't read them is because from the descriptions I have read, I don't think they are kinky enough to be interesting, ha! Isn't it just a bunch of bondage, spanking, and micromanaging?

I think a lot of people would have their sanctimonious minds explode if they ever read a real BDSM erotica novel... So with that being said, I do not understand why there is so much fuss made about this particular series or why it is getting the attention that it is.

AjCeCeMom
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM
2 moms liked this
They are very badly written, I don't get the hype.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jko22
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I have them in pdf but haven't read them yet.  If anyone wants them message me with your email and I will send them to you.

Jennifer (38) + Jeff (45)

Drew 06.08.08 & Nolan 06.14.12

Angie_O
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't care for the series. 

Angie_O
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:09 PM

agreed! I read book 2 and 3 while waiting for book 1 at the library (no way I would spend the money on that crap..lol) Anyways, I couldn't not understand the hype for nothing! It was actually quite bland imo

Quoting mommyrustina:

What amuses me is that so many people (like the person on the radio that the OP described) think these books are bad for people and relationships because of the kinky relationship depicted in them. The main reason I haven't read them is because from the descriptions I have read, I don't think they are kinky enough to be interesting, ha! Isn't it just a bunch of bondage, spanking, and micromanaging?

I think a lot of people would have their sanctimonious minds explode if they ever read a real BDSM erotica novel... So with that being said, I do not understand why there is so much fuss made about this particular series or why it is getting the attention that it is.

mylove415
by Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I agree.  The books are rather bland and very repetitive....and I am amazed on how many women dislike the book, yet they read those cheesy romantic novels full of sex and sex and more sex. 

Quoting Angie_O:

agreed! I read book 2 and 3 while waiting for book 1 at the library (no way I would spend the money on that crap..lol) Anyways, I couldn't not understand the hype for nothing! It was actually quite bland imo

Quoting mommyrustina:

virgochild79
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG, reading some of these comments makes me wonder just how exciting it is in your bedroom (never mind, I can only imagine) Get over it, they are just books, fictional books at that! Relax! Go and watch Little House on the Prairie or something nice and boring like that.

By the way, I have one of the books here and can't wait to start reading it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN