Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

my sister didnt invite me to her wedding

Posted by   + Show Post

Mom and dad received their invitations but I havent received anything (I would have by now) :( She and I had a stupid argument when family came to visit for ds's birthday. It was SO STUPID. I offered to drive everyone to lunch because I had a minivan at the time (I have since traded it lol); just made sense to take one vehicle instead of 4. It was warm that day and my AC didnt work. On the way home she kept complaining that she was hot (she's lived in oregon for a couple of years now and hadnt adjusted to our south georgia weather). We stopped at a gas station and she could have bought some water but she just sat there pouting. I also apologized that my car didnt have a working AC. It escalated to an argument when she passive aggressively talked about me to dad. I got a little angry, pounded the dashboard with my fist and she called me an asshole (thankfully ds was sleeping). She pretended to act faint when we arrived back to my house and he fiance said while looking at me "let's get out of here". I thought she and I made up. We did that evenning at least...or so I thought; mom told me later on that my sister and her fiance were making fun of me and saying mean things on the way to my son's birthday party. So at this point, I dont care I wasnt invited...it would be just more drama. Plus my daughters 1st bday is a few days afte their wedding date. God forbid my children get attention from their grandparents the day of my sister's wedding. I'm wondering now if that date was set on purpose: choose my wedding or my sister's baby's bday. uuuugh!!!!!!!!!

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Replies (31-40):
MomTiara19
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM

She sounds immature and self centered in reading your post.

The car incident seems blown way out of proportion.Not inviting you to her wedding does not fit the crime of a broken ac in your van.Maybe there is past resentments building up to this point.It bothers me that she talks bad about you to her fiance and getting the children involved(you are her family!!).

I would try to be the bigger and better person in this and try to reach out to her before the wedding.If she is adamant about holding a grudge than you will have to ignore her until she matures.Keep your distance but always keep the door open to forgive.Your most important focus is keeping the peace,your family and your parents.

Good Luck,

~Tia

TracyBryant
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Sorry

Des10ed2b
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this

well, it obviously does bother you at least a LlTTLE or you wouldnt be posting this? lol. 

GodsPrincess37
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM

She sounds like a big baby to me.

Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Of course it does :/

Quoting Des10ed2b:

well, it obviously does bother you at least a LlTTLE or you wouldnt be posting this? lol. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM
She did write a letter to mom a few years ago (the type you were supposed to write then throw away because of hurtful wording) about all the hatred and hurt from the past and part of that letter included how all the attention is given to my son (written before DD and DS is my parent's first grandchild). So I always had a feeling there was a suppressed jealousy.

Quoting MomTiara19:

She sounds immature and self centered in reading your post.

The car incident seems blown way out of proportion.Not inviting you to her wedding does not fit the crime of a broken ac in your van.Maybe there is past resentments building up to this point.It bothers me that she talks bad about you to her fiance and getting the children involved(you are her family!!).

I would try to be the bigger and better person in this and try to reach out to her before the wedding.If she is adamant about holding a grudge than you will have to ignore her until she matures.Keep your distance but always keep the door open to forgive.Your most important focus is keeping the peace,your family and your parents.

Good Luck,

~Tia

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElyseFowler
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM

sounds like my sister:/ everyone in our family got invited but me then everyone on her now husband's side asked where i was. they even had a flower for me i was like wtf i didn't blow off her wedding. i wasn't invited there is a difference between blowing it off and not getting invited

FooLynRoo
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:46 AM
5 moms liked this

Sorry , your last line cinched it - you think your sister PLANNED her wedding to "ruin" your babys BIRTHDAY?

Good grief.

And what type of mother gossips about her kids to her other kids?

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM
I agree hugs mama

Quoting KylesMom409:

Definitely! Hugs!

Quoting Candy91518:

Sorry you have to deal with so much drama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illinoismommy83
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Perfect time to be passive-agressive. Schedule your kid's bday party on a different weekend so everyone can attend both, then insist on inviting your sister. Let her be moody, and guilt her into buying your kid a present even though you weren't invited to her party so you didn't buy her one.

Then you can smile at your party and ask how her wedding was.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)