Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Food options for 6 month old DD

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:59 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am looking for suggestions about other foods to give dd that are not pureed baby food. Does anyone give their DC food that they eat? DD is only 6 months and no teeth yet but very interested in eating with husband and I eat. I do let her suck on some of the foods we eat but haven't given her pieces to actually swallow because I am worried about choking. Should I be? 

What do you all do? Reccomendations? 

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paradys
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:07 PM
We started DD with banana and avacado but did baby led weaning and she didn't show real interest (other than playing in it) till closer to 9 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Banana, avocado, soft cooked apple, soft cooked anything really. If you can squish it between your fingers without putting too much pressure on it baby can eat it.
No nuts, peanut butter, honey or Karo syrup. Anything else is ok.
My3coconuts
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Check with your Pedi of course but when my boys hit 6months they were given cheerios,rice,scrambled eggs, avocados and we never did the MEAT in a JAR.

Come Join Us! The Real Housewives of Cafemom

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:20 PM
This

Quoting Junebaby18:

Banana, avocado, soft cooked apple, soft cooked anything really. If you can squish it between your fingers without putting too much pressure on it baby can eat it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:18 AM

When my kids were starting on solids, I used to take what dh and I were having for dinner and puree it.  My kids loved mashed potatos, mashed sweet potatos, butternut squash, applesauce, bananas, peaches, and pears. When my kids got a little older, I gradually added combinations like chicken, with rice and peas, or turkey with mashed potatos, and green beans.  I waited until my kids were about 9monthes before I started giving them soft foods without blending it in the blender, and both of my kids were around 12 monthes before I introduced them to cheerios, or anything with nuts in it.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Aug. 11, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Quoting My3coconuts:

Check with your Pedi of course but when my boys hit 6months they were given cheerios,rice,scrambled eggs, avocados and we never did the MEAT in a JAR.

I tried that stuff with my dd, but she gagged and threw up. Just the smell of that stuff makes me gag too! We got it through WIC, so it wasn't too much of a loss to throw that one jar away. Never got anymore for her though.
rvswmom
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Thanks all ! I will try some of these suggestions. I boiled carrot sticks last night and let her have a soft carrot stick. DD seemed to like this. :)

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Aug. 11, 2012 at 1:21 PM

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com has great suggestions for foods to introduce and the appropriate age.

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Cooked carrots & peas are great options! Even small, peeled pieces of diced potatoes! MASHED potatoes are great too!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Aug. 11, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Agreed.

Quoting Junebaby18:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)