Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Father in law threatening to call CPS

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:51 AM
  • 29 Replies
My FIL is saying because our DD who is 5 cut her hair the other day( while in the care of my inlaws) he is going to call CPS. He is a rude,scamming, ruthless person who will do anything or say anything to even his own family to hurt them. We live together with my inlaws and they are getting a divorce soon so he is finding anything to hurt anyone. What should I do? We are moving within the next 30-45 days away from him....I have documented this threat and a previous one back in june( that was a threat to call CPS because DH and I both were working 6days that week and we were low on food(not bare) and his fat arse was mad so he made a threat. What should I do??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
billssweety
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:53 AM
2 moms liked this

If he says that to CPS they are going to file it under unfounded report and keep his name on file to monitor future complaints.

friendlymom5
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:56 AM
There is nothing you can do. If cps comes let them see how wrong he is. My jerk of a father called cps and said I didnt have food and the house was a mess. None of it was true and they saw for themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Aug. 12, 2012 at 1:09 AM
In my state an unfounded report means an investigation was initiated, and the report of abuse was found to be unsubstantiated or unfounded. This type of call would be documented Closed At Screening. It would clearly be obvious that it was a revengeful call and would not warrant a report. You have nothing to worry over and having a plan in place to move is excellent.

Quoting billssweety:

If he says that to CPS they are going to file it under unfounded report and keep his name on file to monitor future complaints.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambercates
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:20 AM
2 moms liked this
That is crazy! What an ass!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:49 AM
I agree!

Quoting ambercates:

That is crazy! What an ass!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candy91518
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
That sucks. Just keep up the documentation. Good luck!
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Keep the peace for now,move out asap,don't worry about CPS,they've dealt with this stuff a million times,he's probably not going to call them anyway,he's just being vindictive.

ajb2750
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM
3 moms liked this

Laugh at him and tell him "Call em! Here, I'll hand you the phone. Lemme look up the number..." I guarantee you that would piss him off more than anything! Be sure and show absolutely no sign that this scares you, or it will give him power, which is what he wants.

Aslen
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM

So wait.... your FIL wants to call CPS on you because your daughter cut her hair while under HIS supervision?

Let him!

swmmra
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

He doesn't even have a case. CPS takes calls and logs them in order of 1-5, 1 being least important, and 5 being emmergent! If he called and sad that his granddaughter cut her own hair with scissors while in their care and that she is 5, that would get logged as a 1. I wouldn't worry about it, you are moving soon and won't have to deal with him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)