Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Im curious, Are you an ORGAN doner? If not... why Not?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am and cant convince my husband to be. If I can save a life when Im dying or dead, then why wouldnt I right?

by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Replies (21-30):
greenmommo
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:02 AM
I asked my DH again-he said let them take as much as they want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM

We both are.

Mrs_Nelson
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:56 AM
I am but because i take aderall i am not sure if my parts will be usable. I know my blood is useless because of the meds which is sad because i have a rare blood type. But i am a little weird because i also want my leftovers to be turned into dismonds and if there is anything left i want it shot into space. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Neither me nor DH are and I honestly don't know why not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FresshAir
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:04 AM
We both are. When I was a teen, a friend of mine died and the family donated the organs. It was so comforting feeling like a part of him was living on, and made such an impression, I knew I wanted it too. For DH, his mother was a recipient, so he saw first hand how much it means to have someone be so generous.
Since then, we've become volunteers for our local organ donation organization. We've learned how difficult it is to get a viable organ or tissue donation. There has to be such a specific combination of circumstances, and for those waiting or watching someone wait, it's heart wrenching. Of course I encourage it, but would never pressure anyone. I've encountered a lot of misunderstandings on the matter, so I just do my best to answer questions so that their decisions can be based on facts and they can decide what is truly best for them. It's a very personal thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjolsen77
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:38 AM

well, your sister is wrong lol Im a student for funeral directing and Ive seen the deceased come in pretty messed up from accidents,autopsies,etc, all of them had open caskets. Its amazing what some stitches and make up can do to make you look asleep.

Quoting viv212:

I'm not and I don't know why I'm not. My sister told me when I was a kid that I couldn't have an open casket if I did and that just stuck with me.

jjolsen77
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM

they can use youe cornea yes....but you can also donate your enitre eye ball to science, no one at the funeral would know your eye or cornea are missing :)

Quoting viv212:

Well they do use your eyeballs though, right?

Quoting sthflachk:

Of course you can! It's not like you would be laying naked in the casket! No one would be able to tell unless you donated your face...which is a whole other type of donation!

Quoting viv212:

Ha. Probably. We were kids so I'm sure she made it up or something.... Can we have an open casket if we donate?

Quoting sthflachk:

Pretty sure that she was teasing!

Quoting viv212:

I'm not and I don't know why I'm not. My sister told me when I was a kid that I couldn't have an open casket if I did and that just stuck with me.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM
2 moms liked this

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I am an organ donor. I feel that if my passing will help some one else live then I am going to do it. Besides, I am not going to need my organs any longer if I'm dead.

My husband and 18 y/o are also organ donors. It was their choice to become donors.

viv212
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:42 PM
So what are the cons to donating? I really don't know that much about it.

Quoting jjolsen77:

they can use youe cornea yes....but you can also donate your enitre eye ball to science, no one at the funeral would know your eye or cornea are missing :)

Quoting viv212:

Well they do use your eyeballs though, right?

Quoting sthflachk:

Of course you can! It's not like you would be laying naked in the casket! No one would be able to tell unless you donated your face...which is a whole other type of donation!

Quoting viv212:

Ha. Probably. We were kids so I'm sure she made it up or something.... Can we have an open casket if we donate?

Quoting sthflachk:

Pretty sure that she was teasing!

Quoting viv212:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN