Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Other than being a Mom....

Posted by   + Show Post

What was/is your favorite job that you have done?

by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Replies (81-87):
Synexx
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Once, briefly, I was interning as an content writer for a local magazine. I believe that was my favorite thing to do. I also feel most happy when volunteering and look forward to it.

Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I worked at bed bath and beyond a few years ago. Most fun job I've ever had!

janessa27
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:24 PM

The first day care I worked at and a gas station. The gas station was A LOT of fun! Plus you never knew what was going to happen or what kind of customers we would get- met a lot of interesting people:)

Candy91518
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Quoting Babujai:

I actually really enjoyed my work at Blockbuster. I love movies...watching them, talking about them, recommending them. I worked a small store so I knew my customers. I also got 5 free rentals a week and first crack at new rentals. If they had paid me better I wouldn't have left.

I worked there for 6.5 years & couldn't have gotten aaway faster! I missed the customers, but not the runouts, verbal & physical assualts, or the upsales & M.A.P.. the pay was pathetic. I know most of the stores here have been shut down so I am even more happy that I bailed!
Candy91518
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:35 PM
I love working with the kids I work with now. I feel like I am truly making a difference in their young lives.
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Quoting Candy91518:

Quoting Babujai:

I actually really enjoyed my work at Blockbuster. I love movies...watching them, talking about them, recommending them. I worked a small store so I knew my customers. I also got 5 free rentals a week and first crack at new rentals. If they had paid me better I wouldn't have left.

I worked there for 6.5 years & couldn't have gotten aaway faster! I missed the customers, but not the runouts, verbal & physical assualts, or the upsales & M.A.P.. the pay was pathetic. I know most of the stores here have been shut down so I am even more happy that I bailed!

I left 12 years ago, before a lot of the nonsense that followed like no late fees, but we will charge you an exorbatant re-shelving fee.  Also, because it was such a small store and we knew all our customers and they knew us there wasn't much in the way of assaults.  Now when I went to one of the bigger stores to work, it was ridiculous how much tension there always was between workers and management and staff and customers.

Candy91518
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Babujai:

Yup, hugely mismanaged company. As management, the ridiculous expectations & demands made of us... oy! I did make some likfe long friends there though! Even customers!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN