Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

They are fighting their sleep and tommorow is the 1st day of school

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM
  • 13 Replies
It is 10pm here and my kids wont go to sleep. I know they are excited but these little stinkers. Really need to hit the hay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JudyWarren
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM
bump

mrsary
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Didn't let mine nap so they should sleep all night. Wish I could go to sleep too! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joshlor2
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:10 AM
We had the same problem. One was anxious/scared the other was anxious/excited...... They fell asleep by 10:30. Tomorrow morning will be rough, but tomorrow night will be way easier!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsLadyBlue
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 1:11 AM
They are going to be tired coming home from school they'll be on track then
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShaunnaMichelle
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 2:20 AM

School doesn't start until Wednesday for us. We thought we'd try getting on a schedule starting this evening though. That went over a like a brick. They think it's not fair to put them to bed early when there's no school tomorrow. 

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM

They were finally asleep by 11pm. And to my surprise the morning went really well.

Quoting joshlor2:

We had the same problem. One was anxious/scared the other was anxious/excited...... They fell asleep by 10:30. Tomorrow morning will be rough, but tomorrow night will be way easier!

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM

We tried for a week before school. My kids felt the same way it was always a struggle.

Quoting ShaunnaMichelle:

School doesn't start until Wednesday for us. We thought we'd try getting on a schedule starting this evening though. That went over a like a brick. They think it's not fair to put them to bed early when there's no school tomorrow. 

mommybug77
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Mine didn't want to go to bed last night but that was because the basement flooded. They started school 3 weeks ago
SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:47 PM

We have had that problem in the past and it sucks! We start a loose back to school routine about 2 weeks ahead of time, then 1 week before we really enforce it. It seems to help with that night before. 

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Aug. 27, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Thanks I will keep this in mind.

Quoting SuperPickle:

We have had that problem in the past and it sucks! We start a loose back to school routine about 2 weeks ahead of time, then 1 week before we really enforce it. It seems to help with that night before. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)