Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
you did something drastic to change your appearance? Whether it be a new hair style or color or something else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
hinklemom3
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats and good luck!  You can do it!

Quoting SuperPickle:

A few years ago my hair was mid back and I cut it to just below my chin....its ALMOST back to where it was...I colored my hair the other day but I went one shade darker than I normally use and it turned out quite a bit darker LOL. 

After my 3rd son was born I was determined to get off all my excess weight( i was overweight even before pregnancy) I went from a top weight of 181 to 118 in 9 months. Recently my weight has crepted back up into the 130s so I am reevaluating and getting it back off again.

Motherof3inNJ
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I've had it the same length & style- just past the shoulders & parted to the left since high school. I went to a new hairdresser in Feb & got the same cut but she parted it to the right & I like it better lol. Other than that nothing, I'm not very adventurous although I always wanted to die it black one time just to see how it looks. Everyone I know says don't do it! One day I will lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:52 AM

i bought  a pink beret in the spring and wear it with a few different shirts

MrsJHoward
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Did you donate it to locks of love?

Quoting LovinLife81:

I had hair down to my butt and then about 3 weeks ago I cut it to my chin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpicyMommaKitty
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM

7 years ago. I went from a lifetime of being a blonde to being black and I haven't changed it since. I love my black hair. :)

cassiekitty7
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:01 AM

at least 17 years ago.  I got my tattoo. 

sheri305
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Hmmm,cant remember,I alter often,but not really anything drastic

sheri305
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Quoting hinklemom3:

Congrats and good luck!  You can do it!

Quoting SuperPickle:

A few years ago my hair was mid back and I cut it to just below my chin....its ALMOST back to where it was...I colored my hair the other day but I went one shade darker than I normally use and it turned out quite a bit darker LOL. 

After my 3rd son was born I was determined to get off all my excess weight( i was overweight even before pregnancy) I went from a top weight of 181 to 118 in 9 months. Recently my weight has crepted back up into the 130s so I am reevaluating and getting it back off again.

etsmom
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Ummm....I want to say that it was when I was 19 and I put some really dark red streaks in my hair. Nothinh drastic or exciting.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I put new highlights in my hair about every 3 months. I change them with the seasons...lol. I have an appointment in a few weeks to do the fall colors (caramel, red, brown). 

I don't change the style too much because short hair doesn't look good on me. My face is big and round and my hair is super thick. When I cut it short it tends to stick straight up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)