Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Diaper Dilemma!

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:30 PM
  • 19 Replies

Hi Ladies,

I need some suggestions for a long, lean 13-mos old, who keeps wetting through his diapers at night.  Size 6 is the final size in diapers and it no longer gets him through a 10-hour night of sleep.  Therefore, I've been buying Pull-Ups and Easy-Ups in various sizes with the following problems:

*He's still wetting through. I've tried sizes 2T-5T.

*Since he's long and lean, the larger sizes (which one would think would absorb more liquid) tend to gap. Am I overlooking a way to tighten these up?

*Who designed these things? They are awful to put on a little guy who is squirming on a changing table, they are miserable to change as anything more than a wet diaper and they don't wrap into a ball for clean disposal!?!

I've tried moving his evening liquids to an earlier point and reducing the volume slightly; but I hate knowing he's thirsty. I'd rather find a better diaper solution!

Thanks in advance...

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Bump

Crisd77
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM
It's been awhile...but I remember using night time diapers on my baby...he wasn't even 13 mos. yet. But I didn't have a long baby to worry about. Maybe double diapering?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:01 AM

You could try those GoodNights. I'm not sure they'd be thin enough for him, OR GoodNights also has bed pads that you could put on his bed at night. Maybe diaper and pad. 

I know you hate having him go to bed thirsty (I go through the same with my girl), give him small sips instead of a full cup.

chinosruca
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:03 AM
I don't think a bigger diaper is the answer. Have you tried the ones specifically for overnight?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAJ2921
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I agree with this mom...much as you may not want to..I'd try cutting back the liquids...not doing away with them completely just cut back a bit. I use huggies overnight diapers (size 5) and the pad. I've had no problems. Good luck

Quoting AllofFive19:

You could try those GoodNights. I'm not sure they'd be thin enough for him, OR GoodNights also has bed pads that you could put on his bed at night. Maybe diaper and pad. 

I know you hate having him go to bed thirsty (I go through the same with my girl), give him small sips instead of a full cup.

lilbosslady1978
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Wake him up and change him? I wouldn't want to do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carakitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:15 AM

My daughter sounds like she had a similar shape to your kid but we were using cloth diapers. I can give suggestions for that if you think you may want to try. I know of a few people who have done cloth at night and disposables in the day.

Almostcrunchy
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Have you ever thought about cloth diapers for overnight? Another solution is putting wool soakers over his diaper. Wool is super absorbent and anti microbial on its own. You really only need two. I love mine. My guy went through a heavy wetting stage and they were are some for it!
rkkeller13
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:38 AM
On my 18mo son I use size 4 huggies lil movers, he's also long and skinny. The only time he ever pees thru them is if he has a lot to drink right before bed. Normally I restrict liquids a couple of hours before bed. He gets plenty of water thru the day so I really don't think he is that thirsty at night. I just give him sips here and there. And I put a freash diaper on him right before he goes to bed. And change him immediately when he wakes. He sleeps 12hrs at night so they hold up pretty good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Pampers Baby Dry are awesome with absorbing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN