Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

any ideas?

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 11:45 AM
  • 7 Replies
My 2 year old wants to learn to write her name so bad. She will spend hours sitting there begging for me to help her over and over again. Now I love that she wants to learn this but I have a house to manage and a 5 year old to homeschool. My 2 year old is included in school as it is. I make a version of every project down to her level.
any ideas to help her guild the fine motor skills she needs to get this down? I'm not wanting to push her, just give her the skills she needs to master what she is working so hard at :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Pukalani79
by Kris on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Print out several handwriting practice sheets with her name on it that you can give her to work on while you are working on other thing. http://tools.atozteacherstuff.com/printable-handwriting-practice-worksheet-maker/

Let her color often and gradually go to the smaller crayons.  I've seen the difference between kids who are allowed to color a lot and those who are not - big difference in motor skills!

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Could she trace over large letters?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Let her play with thongs that build hand muscles....
Playdoh, stringing beads, baking bread (kneading dough), cutting paper
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinkerbellp
by Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Cutting papers/coloring pictures/ give her some pot n pans to beat on to do a lot of moving skills.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistyDaze76
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Playing connect the dots and what everyone else suggested.  =)

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM

The problem is she gets frustrated because she doesn't yet have the control to trace the letters.

She has constant access to crayons, markers, and paper.  She's always coloring!

Quoting Pukalani79:

Print out several handwriting practice sheets with her name on it that you can give her to work on while you are working on other thing. http://tools.atozteacherstuff.com/printable-handwriting-practice-worksheet-maker/

Let her color often and gradually go to the smaller crayons.  I've seen the difference between kids who are allowed to color a lot and those who are not - big difference in motor skills!

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
anotherandree
by Inga on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:24 AM

This is what I was thinking!

Quoting grneyedormom:

Could she trace over large letters?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN