Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Online dating?

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:46 AM
  • 94 Replies

I asked you ladies how you met your DH/SO and a lot of you said online. And I was wondering was it hard for you to not see them while talking? And how long before you met?

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beenhereforever
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:49 AM
I met mine a week later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
odessie
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:10 AM
4 moms liked this

Mine was unintentional. Met him while he was overseas online,  then he was off line for a month while he was getting back from Kuwait (Army Reserve veteran now) - then he posted he was back which I had no idea anyway it was a general note to all the people he was talking to online - men and women - finally got to meet him about a month after that. I dared him to take me out for a drink since all these other silly girls were just giving him "photo's" of drinks on his myspace, so I had to up the ante if I wanted to really get to know him. We went out just for fun but that was such a great night all sorts of things went wrong, tires tread came off the truck (since he was deployed his tires dried out I guess!) we were out so late we almost did not get to eat! I even tried to set a different date but he would not have it. We just continued to go out after that and had a blast together and still do! 

He did talk to other girls in the begining but once he made it clear he liked me I made it clear no other girls to be talked too! lol  and we are just so in love with each other. 

I think it is so much better not to put expectations on a relationship in the beginning since you never know that dork might just turn out to be mr. so so right! lol 

LovinLife81
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this

That is supper awesome and thank him for serving his country !!

Quoting odessie:

Mine was unintentional. Met him while he was overseas online,  then he was off line for a month while he was getting back from Kuwait (Army Reserve veteran now) - then he posted he was back which I had no idea anyway it was a general note to all the people he was talking to online - men and women - finally got to meet him about a month after that. I dared him to take me out for a drink since all these other silly girls were just giving him "photo's" of drinks on his myspace, so I had to up the ante if I wanted to really get to know him. We went out just for fun but that was such a great night all sorts of things went wrong, tires tread came off the truck (since he was deployed his tires dried out I guess!) we were out so late we almost did not get to eat! I even tried to set a different date but he would not have it. We just continued to go out after that and had a blast together and still do! 

He did talk to other girls in the begining but once he made it clear he liked me I made it clear no other girls to be talked too! lol  and we are just so in love with each other. 

I think it is so much better not to put expectations on a relationship in the beginning since you never know that dork might just turn out to be mr. so so right! lol 

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:53 AM
That is so sweet!!

Quoting odessie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilJenn82
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:50 AM
5 moms liked this
I met mine by txt messaging :-) The pennysaver here use to have a txt messaging date maker service that wouldnt send out ur cell number until u felt comfortable giving your number to the other party... Lol... We've been 2gether for 7 years, married for 6 years :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NEPhillyRN
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I met my DH online and we talked about 2 weeks before meeting. It was strange not really knowing what he looked like, granted I had seen pictures but its just not the same as seeing him in person. I think it was a good thing in a way. We were able to get to know each other without it just being a physical attraction that was bringing us together.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM
6 moms liked this

I met mine though a music forum.  it started as a friendship thing,  we started PM'ing each other and at the time I had no idea how old he was or what he looked like.  Then came FB (saw pics and realized he was my age) then FB chat, then MSN, MSN Cam.  The sparks flew quickly, I think it took 2 weeks before I grabbed a last minute flight to go spend the weekend with him, our first wedding anniversary is this week.

emarin77
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

We only talked on the phone for a week.  We dated in person always after that.  It just makes more sense to have a relationship with someone who lives within an hour of you.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kranger
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:12 PM
3 moms liked this

I met my bf a few weeks after we emailed / talked on the phone.  We didnt meet on a dating website, we met on a website looking specifically for Strictly Platonic activity partner....so when we first met it wasnt about dating  because neither of us were in a place where we wanted to date (both had gotten out of relationships 6-8 months prior to meeting)....the dating part didnt come until about 4 months or so after we met. We just started doing all these activities (tennis, hiking, day beach trips, happy hours) he eventually asked me on a real date.  :)  Worked out perfectly so far, everything has been pressure free and very easy and natural. (2.5 years in so far and happy)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN