Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I asked you ladies how you met your DH/SO and a lot of you said online. And I was wondering was it hard for you to not see them while talking? And how long before you met?

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I met my husband 2 weeks after the first email. We have been together for 12 years. Married for 7.

kewimom
by New Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

We meet online talked via email for over a month, then I finally gave him my phone number. We talked for a month before we went out on a date.  We were engaged 3 months later.

robynlo77
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I met my husband 11 years ago, when Yahoo had a dating site. (I dont think they even have it anymore) We exchanged pictures through email, and we also wrote letters via "snail mail"....it was a week after "meeting" online, that we had our first face to face date.

He lived about an 1 hour and 1/2 away from me, so we only saw each other in person, on the weekends. While chatting online or on the phone during the week. We did that for almost a whole year, before we got engaged, and he moved to the same town as me.

We celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary last month!

calusari
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:06 PM

My husband and I met through an ad that I placed; he lived on the other side of the state, so we spent a little time getting to know each other over the phone. I think we met within a couple of weeks or so...just celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary.

ColleenF30
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Two yrs before we met...I went insane lol

pmcs
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:37 PM
I prefer to meet someone fairly soon. Its hard for me to converse with a person I haven't met. Usually send a few e mails, then talk on the phone. Phone calls really are good to weed out the weirdos.
CristinJill
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:37 PM
It took me 4 months to agree to meet. We have now been together for 15 years married 13 years. We met on AOL, we like to joke we were early adopters of meeting online the funny thing is no one knows how we really met, we were too embarrassed at the time so we made up a story. :)
Moogie1005
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I was thrilled to find someone who was interested in the same things I am.  To me it was just like every other email conversation.  We met in person after 2-3 weeks of emailing.  It didn't take long before we were inseparable.

BluEyedCrazy
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:12 PM
I met my man on a Facebook dating app lol. We lived in the same area and we had some friends in common to boot. We met in person about a month after starting talking. The agreement was JUST friends. Yeah that worked out well lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suesues
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM

on some site you can see them I did not. emailed at first then talked alot on phone then met for lunch and let a friend know where you going and who meeting and even drive myself on the next few dates

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)