Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I asked you ladies how you met your DH/SO and a lot of you said online. And I was wondering was it hard for you to not see them while talking? And how long before you met?

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Replies (21-30):
brandie1470
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
It wasn't really hard not to see him in the beginning. We talked a little over a month before we met. Luckily we live in the same town.

I would like to add that their are a bunch of crazies online. My so was my last straw. I am so happy I didn't give it up before I got to meet him
e.nicole.w
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM

My fiance and I talked online for about a week, exchanged numbers and texted for about another week, and then finally went on our first date the week after that. It really wasn't awkward talking to each other without seeing each other because there were pictures on our profiles so we did have a face to go with the voice/text. It actually took a lot of pressure off the both of us because by the time we were able to go out on our first date we already had the basis of a good friendship and knew how much we had in common. Our first date lasted almost 5 hours because it was almost midnight and we never ran out of things to talk about the entire time. I was instantly hooked and have been ever since. :)

suesues
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM

we met after a month then we did not see each other for 1 yr now know each other 4 yrs married for 1 month today

dumfounded213
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:23 PM
2 moms liked this
I met my fiancée online, he had just come to the area with the navy and didn't know anyone, we were talking for about a week and I had only seen pictures and known what he told me.

One day I took my 2 boys to ihop for breakfast and we went into the bathroom, when we came out my son tried to run out of the emergency exit and he just happened to be the one to stop him. We didn't know we were both going to be there... just kind of happened. We said our hellos and this is crazy comments and went on our way, the next day we both happened to be in the same store at the same time... it was then when we decided that someone MUST want us to be together! We talked non stop after that and he took me on a few real dates. We have been together for almost 2 years now. We couldn't be more happy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raynejane
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:23 PM

My DH met his new gf online...lol when he was in Iraq on deployment...so dont believe everything you read..he said he was single with no kids. (Married with 2) I am over it now, glad he has someone else to annoy. But I cant personally do the online thing, just dont trust it...good luck!

truelyred2
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:38 PM
I met Chris on zoosk through Facebook. We talked that night and part of the next day, meet that night and have never been apart since. It will be 3 years on the 15th and we aremarrying on the 16 th
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Coachkristy976
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Met through eVow. He winked at me, and after I winked back at him, he messaged me. After about 2 weeks, we moved to connecting with each other through facebook and proceeded to chat there. We made a few different plans that needed to be rescheduled a couple of times, so instead of it taking 3 weeks to meet like we had intended, it took 3 months. We finally met on August 1st this year and I am pretty sure that he is just as hooked on me as I am him. There is another person who is interested in me, but I have told him that I am dating someone and happy, but would be happy to have him as a friend. 

MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:49 PM

No because I didn't meet them online for the purpose of dating. We were all a bunch of friends in the same city and all got to know each other. I even had a boyfriend at the time but became really good friends with my now dh. Once my other relationship fizzled, we decided to give it a shot.

momtolittleg
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Once DH and I started emailing back and forth, it was a couple weeks before we talked on the phone, then another week or 2 before we met. My first message to him got lost in his inbox, and he found it a month later, so I thought he wasnt interested. He definitely was! We've been married 7 years!
angelbabydust
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Chatted with my dh about 6 months before I gave him my #. Met about a week after that and he's never left. Next month is our 1 year wedding anniversary :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)