Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I asked you ladies how you met your DH/SO and a lot of you said online. And I was wondering was it hard for you to not see them while talking? And how long before you met?

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Replies (31-40):
ghwannabe
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I meet my DH on Match.com. We waiting 2 weeks to meet and I didn't kiss him until our 4th date.

leylasmommy2008
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM
My hubby of seven years and I met on a dating website. He sent me a message, I sent one back then we set up a time to meet. We didn't have much back an forth online but more because I over analyze when I write so it takes me forever to form a complete paragraph that I am happy to send. I feel much more comfortable in person. We have one four year old girl and are trying for another. And I am still completely and totally in love! I think you just have to be willing to be open to
Any type of person and not set expectations on someone whom you have only ever written to.
MAXnBRYCESMomma
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Me and DH met online, but met in person that evening.

~Annie~

artemisa3001
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM
We met on natch.com on a Thursday night, he called me that Friday and went out to dinner that Saturday... And we married 9 months later... We have been together for 7 years now :0)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VCooper89
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I met mine online as well! We were both just looking for someone to talk to and he emailed me. Three days into talking on the phone he told me he loved me and was going to marry me. A couple months later he left for Basic training and we wrote letter through that and AIT and he went home after graduating then flew to Nebraska to meet me! We hit it off and 8 days later we were married and now stationed in Colorado together! :)

Aeonix
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Dh was an acquaintance for several years before anything else developed. When we wanted to pursue a relationship, it was about 4 months before we met in person. He lived in the UK, I lived in the US. It was incredibly difficult, especially with all the other stuff I was going through (huge backstory). Dh was honest up front that if we couldn't be together in person, he wasn't going to wait for long. That terrified me. It sounds like he was being a jerk but I can understand, visas are never guaranteed and they can sometimes take a very long time to be approved.

I found out I was pregnant about 9 months into our relationship as I was going through the visa process. I did not use the info to my advantage just in case anyone is wondering. Then it became even harder being away from him. Luckily it wasn't long after that I received my visa and was able to move to the UK.
arabellelynn
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM
My bff has alot of horror stories with meeting people online...I got reaaaally lucky! I 're-met' my DF thru Facebook. We were acquaintances in HS. We chatted thru FB for a few weeks and then texting for a few more. We didn't talk on the phone for the first time until over a month later. At that time it was just a friends thing as I was going thru a divorce and he lived 9hrs away. The first face to face was something like 8mos after we started talking on FB. He moved up to where I live when he got out of the military and we will be getting married next month. The only thing about FB that I am incredibly happy/thankful about! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumaSue
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I met my soul mate online but it wasn't through a dating site and to start off with we just chatted as friends. We both felt instant connection but didn't rush into it. We swapped photos about 3 1/2 months down the line and then video chatted. We met about 6 months after first meeting online.

Dhizzy
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 8:36 PM
It was & is hard. He's 900 miles away. We met about 4 months in. Two years later, I'm getting impatient to close the distance.
elk571
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 8:48 PM
If u mean literally see them online while talking, no bc we used webcams! If u mean talking and not visiting seeing, I think it actually made our relationship stronger bc we HAD to talk and get to know each other, be friends first all that jazz without the physical getting in the way and getting sexual too soon. Though I really wanted to meet him in person! Lol. We met on a strictly military site (he was active army and u was a BRAT) do we didn't get to meet in person for at least a month bc he was halfway across the country at a specialty school for NCO's. But once we did meet we really never left each others side again lol. That was back when the war in Iraq had just started so we didn't know what would happen and it was now or never! Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)