Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I asked you ladies how you met your DH/SO and a lot of you said online. And I was wondering was it hard for you to not see them while talking? And how long before you met?

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Replies (51-60):
musicpisces
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

We met within a few days.  We'd had a couple of days of incessant e-mailing and a 4 hour phone conversation, and we went out the next night.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

kidlover2
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I was online less then 24 hours...chatted with an interesting guy for a few hours, met him the next day for a date.... the rest is history :) I'm madly in love with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My now husband lived 1200 miles away so I decided to chance it and go meet him. Yes, it was a big risk but one that paid off. He is a great man- very loving, patient, calm and a wonderful father to my children from my previous marriage. We will soon be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary.

mmm01
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Found my guy through Match.com, we met in person about two weeks in. We're married 6 1/2 years and have two little boys together;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama2ETA
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM

All I can think of is Juno.

Congrats :)

Quoting LilJenn82:

I met mine by txt messaging :-) The pennysaver here use to have a txt messaging date maker service that wouldnt send out ur cell number until u felt comfortable giving your number to the other party... Lol... We've been 2gether for 7 years, married for 6 years :-)

1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Our meeting was not something I sought out. We met in a MMPORG. ACTUALLY I had met and become friends with my FIL before I ever met my DF. I had no idea they were father and son never mind sitting in the same room together. We were friends first but quickly it became that we looked forward to spending time talking to each other. Our faces hurt from smiling and laughing so much. It was about a month before it occured to either of us that we had no idea what the other looked like. We set up webcams and we talked and talked and talked and talked. It was like we had always known each other. His Dad became Poppa long before I met him and his Mom was Momma even tho I only ever spoke to her indirectly (thru the speakers/mic and webcam or thru my DF on the phone).  We just clicked. When he came up to see me after 3 months it was just so easy to be with him. The love was there without question. It was like finding that other part of you that you never knew had been missing. So almost 8 years later, thru a ton of ups and downs... a boarder and 3000 miles between us for the majority of it.... we are stronger and happier even in our worst times than most couples I know. Even when I am PISSED with him I would still lay down my life for him and I would never say a bad word about him to another person. We spent ALOT of time just talking and getting to know every little tiny thing. Our communication is definately the key to our happiness. Even still today, he works over nights and I stay up as late as I can talking to him over yahoo or text messages.

Velany
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:20 PM

when i met DF on WoW...we did webcam for six months before he drove 2500 miles to meet me and my kids...we ended up moving back with him as well...best decision i ever made.

childofgod04
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:31 PM

It was hard not to see him. I started talking to him on August 6th, 2010 and finally met him in person 2 days after Christmas 2010 so a little longer than 4 months. He's in the Army so after I saw him for a week he had to go back to his duty station and I didn't see him again until February 27th, 2011. We got married shortly after that on March 7th, 2011 and have been together ever since. It was so worth the wait.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

beeonit
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Mine was pretty odd. My ex had dumped me a week before Halloween and in an attempt to make me feel better my best friend said "I can find 10 other guys hotter online in an hour". Two days later I was going out for coffee, looking awful, because the girls at work BEGGED me! We will be married in exactly a month!!!!

o0gone0o
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I met him on myspace, it wasn't to meet as a date, he added me as friends, i harrassed him for adding me but then not talking within like 2 wks of our first actual convo we met at the mall walked around and now here we are 6 1/2 yrs and 3 kids later.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)