Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I asked you ladies how you met your DH/SO and a lot of you said online. And I was wondering was it hard for you to not see them while talking? And how long before you met?

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Replies (61-70):
Foxilady
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Met playing world of Warcraft nov 2006
He lived in another country.
He flew to America feb 2008.
We married a few weeks later on feb 20 2008.
We now have a 3 yr old, 16 month old, and our last baby is due feb 2013!

We were drawn to each other from the start. Chatting about anything and everything- and everything he told me online were truths. :) he is my everything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuLuThatsWho
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I met my husband online.  We talked via email for several days, and we exchanged phone numbers after about a week.  We talked on the phone for another week or two.  We actually planned to meet for a date sooner after exchanging numbers, but I came down with H1N1 flu.  He wanted to come and take care of me since I was quarantined at home alone for days on end with no one to take care of me, but I already knew that there was serious potential there, and I didn't want to risk scaring him off with my snotty nose and vomiting or killing him by passing the virus along.

Haliebrianne
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Met on a dating site. He messaged me, but I was a cheapskate and didn't pay for the so I couldn't read any messages, or send anything. I could just make a profile, and look at profiles. Thankfully his full name was in the profile so I found him on facebook and sent a message saying something like "sorry if this is weird, but I can't read the message you sent so I was wondering if you could send it here. Sorry if I'm creepy haha." The next day we were texting and he proposed to me haha. We talked for about 3 weeks before we met. He would constantly ask me to move in with him, but I have a kid and so does he. I said I'm not moving in with some guy that could just break up with me at any time and my son and I will have no where to go. We got married after 9 months, been married over a year and a half. Our kids from separate relationships are the same age and look a like. Everyone thinks they are twins. And we now have a daughter together. And to top it all off he loves that I'm a cheap hahaha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shelley927
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 4:28 AM
1 mom liked this

we had the webcams so it wasnt that difficult to see eachother and it took all of 6 days for him to come for a visit and he never left  and that was 3 1/2 years ago

LovinLife81
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 4:36 AM

Super sweet 

Quoting robynlo77:

I met my husband 11 years ago, when Yahoo had a dating site. (I dont think they even have it anymore) We exchanged pictures through email, and we also wrote letters via "snail mail"....it was a week after "meeting" online, that we had our first face to face date.

He lived about an 1 hour and 1/2 away from me, so we only saw each other in person, on the weekends. While chatting online or on the phone during the week. We did that for almost a whole year, before we got engaged, and he moved to the same town as me.

We celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary last month!

Chesneychick77
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:10 AM
My husband and i met 13 yrs ago. It was a date line through the phone. This was 1999, and i had never even heard of online dating. We talked 8 to 10 hrs a day before meeting. I had seen no pics, and our physical appearance was never even discussed. I'm glad we met this way. My husband was not my physicql type at all, but i already cared enough for him that it didn't matter. We have been happily married for 11 yrs, and marrying him is by far the best decision that i have ever made!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ManicAttack
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 6:30 AM

I talked to SO for a couple weeks before we met.  We met on a free online dating site.  I had a bunch of messages but I never replied to any before his.  My profile was really goofy, mainly because I didn't want anything serious.  I had a list of things I like.  It looked something like this:

8. Harry Potter
7. Reading
6. Writing
blah blah
1. Your mom.

He messaged me and said, "Hey!  We have something in common, I like my mom, too!"

It was just funny so I actually replied.

Been over two years since we started talking, it'll be two years since we made it official in October. 

heatherh610
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:36 AM
I met my hubby online. We talked for about a month via yahoo im, webcam and the phone before meeting in person. I don't think it odd because it forced us to talk about everything. When I met him in person for the first time, I knew a whole lot more about him than some men that I had dated after meeting in a club or at a job...and I had googled the hell out of him too. Google results brought up some interesting conversations too. Lmao
As for the person who mentioned that her then partner met his current gf online, even though you are glad to be rid of him, that still sucks that you had to go through that! No, you can't trust everything you are told on an online dating site...but the same thing / cheatIng has been happening in real life since the beginning of time all over the world, even without online dating sites. Cheaters often lie...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenn31
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 8:38 AM

my cousin signed me up for match.com as a b day gift. We emailed/text back and forth for 3 months. And so far its just 2 months into dating. I really like this guy:) Wish me luck

Necie72
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:24 AM

We emailed for a couple of weeks.  I was crazy enough to attempt Craigslist (again).  I had a few guys that I emailed, but he was the only one who NEVER crossed the line.  He was always respectful and just asked about my day, etc.  I was leaving for vacation, so we said we'd meet when I got back.  We went to lunch and he asked me for a second date.  I wasn't sure because I wanted another baby and figured he was done with that.  He was married young and has 3 kids with his ex-wife.  We "parted ways", but sent the occasional email or text just to say hi.  Finally, I realized he was the best man that I had met, possibly EVER...  So, I contacted him and asked if we could just be friends.  He said NO.  LOL  He said he liked me too much to just be my friend.  So, we said we'd go on another date to see what happened.  Well, the chemistry was DEFINITELY there.  I guess I just had to meet a few more losers to realize what a great man he is.  We're now living together and he's a GREAT father figure for my little girl.  He's also willing to "leave the option open" for us to have a baby.  So, one day at a time.  We're both thankful for online dating because we never would have approached one another face to face in public, just to strike up conversation....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)