Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I asked you ladies how you met your DH/SO and a lot of you said online. And I was wondering was it hard for you to not see them while talking? And how long before you met?

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Replies (71-80):
mandalyn74
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I think we talked for about a week before meeting in person, first through emaila nd then over the phone.  In a way I think it is better to get to know someone that way first so that the physical stuff doesn't get in the way.  We got married 8 months later and have been married for 10 years!

rfhsure
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

funny story, I met my baby's father online in probably the most rediculous way imagineable, on craigslist. It was actually the first time I'd ever gone on something like that. I was living with four roommates and it was around fourth of july and everyone was doing something. Things were not going well in my life at the time and i felt super alone so i was just like fuck it, I need to find someone to hang out with because this sucks. Granted, I wasn't looking for a hookup buddy or anything like that. Like I said Id never used the site for anythign like that before and I genuinely thought that there were people just looking to be friends. Boy was i wrong, when I opened up the first page just the titles of the posts were gross. I went on to the next page in morbid curiosity and his stood out to me, it was the only one that wasn't well...gross. I clicked on it and it was basically a really funny post about how he was just tired of people, his friends sucked, and he just wanted someone to hang out with, to talk to, just to make a new friend if anything.  He didn't post a phone number which I liked, and on the bottom he had a picture of AC slater so I just couldn't resist. I thought the post was witty so I figured I'd shoot him an email to tell him I totally knew what he meant. Turns it out it was his first and last time using the site as well, and we exchanged emails every day for about a month before I gave him my number. He called me one day to invite me to the motley crue concert ( I couldnt go). We decided to meet about a week after that. He picked me up from my apartment, I was nervous to meet him but I knew i'd be able to tell if he was a creeper. He brought his dog with him and we went to a local beach near my house and we spent the entire day there talking. We started hanging out a bunch after that and began dating 3 months later. Now I'm 16 weeks pregnant with our first child and he's been great! I can't imagine explaining this one to our kid though lol

TTC1990
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I met my now husband of 2 years online. We met on mingle2.com back in 2008 and we actually met up the same night we started talking, I was a little crazy at 17 years old lol, but it was totally worth it! :)

wittyscreenname
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I met DH on plenty of fish.

We met in May 2008. At the time, he was just looking for sex, so we didn't go out. Then, we started talking again in August 2008. We finally met on our first day......and it was love. 3 weeks after that, we got married. 9/18 makes 4 years!

chusui0702
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Bump!

elwalters77
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Met DH on line almost 12 years ago. I had one picture of him that was dark and grainly. We talked online and on the phone for 3 weeks before we met in person. I knew before I ever laid eyes on him that he was the one.

butterflykiss10
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I tried online dating for a little less than four years, but I grew tired of the vulgar men and stalkers my online dating profiles attracted. For most people online dating works out, for others it doesn't. I'm not worried about being single anymore though, I just accepted it.

Jessiejem
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM

We emailed and spoke for about 3 weeks before we met

justahousewife
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I met SO on a dating site. He emailed me and we met within a couple of days. I never did like drawn out conversations online because it was too easy to paint a prettier picture than what actually is. 

mommybug77
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM
We met after a few weeks. Been married 10 years this month and together for 13.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)