Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I asked you ladies how you met your DH/SO and a lot of you said online. And I was wondering was it hard for you to not see them while talking? And how long before you met?

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Replies (81-90):
Euphorikmomma
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

We only waited maybe 4 days before meeting since we only lived about 15 minutes away from one another.

TassellsMark
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

My Dh was in college in New Orleans while I was in school in Maryland it was kind of hard even though we did talk on the phone every day

mrswilson10
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Met mine about a week after starting to talk online. He lived in the same city as I did. Went from email, to phone calls to, face to face. We have been together almost 4 years married and almost 3!

Synexx
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

It really wasn't hard to not see him while we were talking. Mostly because at the time, I was more interested in someone else who I couldn't seem to get to meet up with me. Hahaha I had always been so much more attracted to the unavailable ones! But then I felt like doing something, asked if my now SO wanted to get coffee together, he said yes and the rest is history. Needless to say, after I met him that other guy wasn't even a passing thought.

adalynnsmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I have known my husband all my life and we have have together for half of it.  Anyway....We spent a few years apart from each other, and I was single for a while, and just not meeting anyone.  So, I let a friend talk me into setting up a Yahoo personal.  The only guy that answered it was a creep.  He knew who I was.  Told me had seen my picture in the paper when I was still high-school (this was my second year of collage), and knew I worked at the Dairy Queen, thought I was a cute girl.  I knew his younger brothers, but he was older, so I could not place him right away.  It really crept me out though that he would tell me in an email that he went to Dq for lunch and saw me that day and I looked cute, did I know witch one he was? It did dawn on me who he was after that too, really freaked me out.  That stopped that. .I kept the account open, but no one ever answered after that guy.  It was a couple moths later that DH and I got back together.  That was about nine years ago now.  lol.....But reading all of these made me think about my only experience with on-line dating.

tsmom03
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I've been doing the online thing off and on and have met no one. It sucks!

granitegal
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I've never done online dating but a few of my friends met their future husbands from dating sites.

LovinLife81
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM

You all have awesome stories I loved reading them all !!!!

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I met my husband online, we met the same night we started talking. Found out we knew the same sweet girl in town and I trusted him. He was new in town and I was staying the summer working as a nanny--both bored and without anyone to hang out with. We've been married 10 years! :) 

cindiblazina83
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 6:10 AM
My friend got me to join this site, since we started dating I can't remember the name of the site. Dh messaged me, if one member paid u could IM each other, in like august of '10 but his profile said married but separated so I was a little turned off so I didn't reply. He tried getting back with his now ex wife but she didn't want to so he messaged me one more time, oct 13, 2010, he told me after we got together that if I hadnt answer that time he wasn't trying again. Well this time I answered. We talked thru the dating site for a while and then he asked if I had fb and I said yes and told him how to search for me. He found me right away and we chatted thru fb. He messaged me his cell number and said if I wanted to talk ever. I ended up texting him right away and we texted for another few hrs. We ended up finding out that we both had that day off, we talked well into the next morning, and he asked me out for lunch. I said yes and we set a time. I told a few ppl that I was going on a date so I had backup if it got bad. I figured if it didn't work out that I would at least have a date under my belt, my ex had broken up with me 8 months earlier. We met and it was an instant connection. We had lunch, went for a walk, had a drink at a bar, walked around town some more, decided to go see a movie but since it didn't start till later we went to his house to wait. A couple hrs into to our marathon date my friends started texting to see how it went, I ignored them at first and he asked if I needed to leave I was like no my friends are checking to see how the date went and he was like well you'd better answer, don't want them to get worried, so I texted back "still on date" ended up spending 10 hrs on our first date. I had to text my friends several times more since they kept asking how it went and I kept saying "it's still going". We've seen each everyday since, even if it was only 15 mins the one day when he came to visit me at work on my brk. We were married in June of 11 and had our son in July of 11. Yes if u do the math we got prego right away, oops I could't resist him lol. I'm so glad I answered him the second time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)