Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I asked you ladies how you met your DH/SO and a lot of you said online. And I was wondering was it hard for you to not see them while talking? And how long before you met?

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Replies (91-94):
Kellytay757
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 7:08 AM
Ok..we were crazy. We met online and the met up for coffee the next evening and we ended up talking for five hours. I married him six months later...he's amazing :) sometimes I guess you just have to take a chance!
kblpooh
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I talked with him online and texting for about a month before we met.

Whenever I did go to meet them, I always made a copy of their profile, their phone number, location we were meeting etc to my friend. That way if something went wrong they had info about the person to find them. I would meet them in a public place and I would also check in with my friend via texting during the date to let her know I was safe etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan0202
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Interesting question. I didn't meet my SO online, though I have used  them in the past. One thing  I  noticed then was the number of US military men who seemed to be looking for wives. I'm Canadian and I can't tell you how many of these men were from other countries, but said they were 'US military men". Each one expresssed strong interest in getting to to know me and possibly relocating to Canada. I never took any of them up on their offers.It made me wonder if  it was common practice for other women though. Sort of like a 'green card' arrangement I think.Anyone else have that experience online?

LeiOKeOla
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Met my Fiancé at church 12 years ago.6 years later we connected and ministered together . This December we will make 4 years. It was like we were psychics of one another and we did things the same way, very weird. We knew this connection was meant to be. Unexplainable. Fabtantatious. I am blessed. On the other hand my best friend met her husband online 15 years ago through another friends husband. They got married 1 year later and today they have 3 beautiful girls. They've had their challenges and yet they stuck it out. They recently had a family trip to the Carribeans and yesterday they celebrated their WEDDING ANNIVERSARY :-) , 14 YEARS .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)