Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

3 more days until the anniversary of 9/11. Where were you when it happened? (OT)

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM
  • 22 Replies

At the time I worked 2 jobs so I didn't have time to watch tv, listen to the news or read the newspaper.

I think it happened on a Tuesday and on Thursday I went to go visit my dad in the hosiptal and he had the tv on and that's when I found out about what happened.

by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:03 PM
It was my 1st year of teaching and one of my co-workers came and told me what was happening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stupendousmom
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I was working at a Middle School.  It is so hard to believe that it has been so long.  I was walking down the hall in the 8th grade wing and saw the second plane hit the tower.  I know I will never forget that day.  I went to NYC last summer and watched as they worked on building the new building.  It was very emotional.  They had a display of pictures from September 11th.  I want to go back and see it now that everything is done.  

Elaine

SweetlilM
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:26 PM
At home with my daughter who was 17 months old at the time. I remember turning on the TV and thinking what is this? It took me a few minutes to realize it was real! I was shocked and heartbroken.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I was home on maternity leave with my son. He turned 11 on August 25th.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I was 7 months pregnant and on my way to work after an early morning doctor's appointment when I heard about the first plane on the radio. As I was listening the second plane hit. I called my mom in Queens and then rushed into work and told everyone what was happening. Then I emailed my sister who worked in Manhattan and she was scared but okay. Then I didn't hear from any of my NYC family for three nerve racking days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBoy08
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Teaching a class of toddlers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3_dll
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:38 PM
At the gym
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah993
by Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM
I was in college and getting ready for my first class of the day. My suitemate came over and told me to turn the tv on. The rest of the day I was numb and that is all we talked about in class.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Sep. 8, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I was at home doing paperwork for the PTA. I turned on the tv to check the weather report and got the shock of my life....I turned it on right before the first tower fell.
Mari6443
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:17 AM
I was on the college shuttle bus, going to my first class of the day. No one talked. I think we were all stunned at what we were hearing on the radio.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN