Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
I have a terrible head cold right now. I need to be better! My sons pottery class starts at 10:30 am and then he has testing at 2! The rest of the week is equally crazy. Things like this hit me fast and hard. I cant even write straight right now!
I couldn't even eat this morning. I had a glass of fresh lemonaid this morning and it helped so much I pretty much lived on lemonaid today.
I need to be better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Replies (11-17):
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I've so done that before!  But we had a busy day today.  See?

Our workshops went great!

Jason made a "cloudy with a chance of meatballs" sign in pottery.  Next week they will start using the wheel but this week they just made things by hand.

my 2 year old loved helping him make spaghetti.

my niece is in the same class :)

We hadn't signed up for art but my niece really wanted to go and my SIL didn't want to stay.  My son decided he wanted to go too and since we had to wait around anyways we went.  We were in the library when show and tell started (I didn't even know it had been moved to today) so he did that and then we went to art.  It wasn't my original plan but I quickly realized it is going to be too good for him to pass up!  Following instructions, all of the sensory exposure (he has spd), the first part of the class is art history and techniques, etc.  So it looks like Mondays we will have pottery, 30 minutes for lunch, show and tell, then art!

We had to meet with our teacher today too.  She asked him a couple of questions and quickly said we needed to move him up further.  Of course they didn't have the next math book in the curriculum we were using so she gave me a different curriculum and ordered this one's next level.  We will soon be starting multiplication!  She said we needed to get him the workbooks that go to the phonics readers he is doing but we completely forgot by the time we walked to the library.  I will have to get those on Wednesday when I get the next set of phonics books (he is done with set 1 already they were way easy for him).  We are going to work our way up to 2 sentance journal entries since he has mastered 1 sentance and start dictated writing.  I also picked up some stuff to start teaching him spanish which he is very excited about!  Oh, and she told me he needs to learn to add the biggest number then the smallest no matter what order the problem is in so we can eventually teach him the concept that he doesn't have to start counting at 1 when he already knows the fist number is 8.  She said it's a tough concept but I thought I would try tonight and he had it in just a couple of minutes!  

Wednesdays are going to be long days for us.  That's our next day on campus.  Akido 9-10, theatre 10-11, story time 12:30-1, hands on science 1-2, social skills class 2-3 then directly to church to set up for AWANA which is 5:30-7:30.  If it's too much we will drop stuff accordingly but he loves to be active and learning so I think he will be fine :)

Quoting countrymomma81:

I hope you feel better soon! Sometimes when I've had a long week I want to be sick so that I can rest. But then when I am sick I get mad....lol. 

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Feel better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Well that's neat! 

I understand about busy days. Most of our days are busy which is probably why I'm always sick. I never get a chance to relax. 

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I've so done that before!  But we had a busy day today.  See?

Our workshops went great!

Jason made a "cloudy with a chance of meatballs" sign in pottery.  Next week they will start using the wheel but this week they just made things by hand.

my 2 year old loved helping him make spaghetti.

my niece is in the same class :)

We hadn't signed up for art but my niece really wanted to go and my SIL didn't want to stay.  My son decided he wanted to go too and since we had to wait around anyways we went.  We were in the library when show and tell started (I didn't even know it had been moved to today) so he did that and then we went to art.  It wasn't my original plan but I quickly realized it is going to be too good for him to pass up!  Following instructions, all of the sensory exposure (he has spd), the first part of the class is art history and techniques, etc.  So it looks like Mondays we will have pottery, 30 minutes for lunch, show and tell, then art!

We had to meet with our teacher today too.  She asked him a couple of questions and quickly said we needed to move him up further.  Of course they didn't have the next math book in the curriculum we were using so she gave me a different curriculum and ordered this one's next level.  We will soon be starting multiplication!  She said we needed to get him the workbooks that go to the phonics readers he is doing but we completely forgot by the time we walked to the library.  I will have to get those on Wednesday when I get the next set of phonics books (he is done with set 1 already they were way easy for him).  We are going to work our way up to 2 sentance journal entries since he has mastered 1 sentance and start dictated writing.  I also picked up some stuff to start teaching him spanish which he is very excited about!  Oh, and she told me he needs to learn to add the biggest number then the smallest no matter what order the problem is in so we can eventually teach him the concept that he doesn't have to start counting at 1 when he already knows the fist number is 8.  She said it's a tough concept but I thought I would try tonight and he had it in just a couple of minutes!  

Wednesdays are going to be long days for us.  That's our next day on campus.  Akido 9-10, theatre 10-11, story time 12:30-1, hands on science 1-2, social skills class 2-3 then directly to church to set up for AWANA which is 5:30-7:30.  If it's too much we will drop stuff accordingly but he loves to be active and learning so I think he will be fine :)

Quoting countrymomma81:

I hope you feel better soon! Sometimes when I've had a long week I want to be sick so that I can rest. But then when I am sick I get mad....lol. 

.JuneDiva629.
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I can usually feel ok with 1 advil,1 sudafed and 1 benedryl,or half of each one. Hope you feel better soon!

Junip1977
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I'm sorry, hope you feel better soon.  I always notice that we get sick on our busiests weeks...why is that?  LOL

myoldest1999
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Awe....I hope you get better soon...drink broth and take a nap when you can sneak one in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN