Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I feel like an inadequate mom

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM
  • 3 Replies

And I don't know why!  Seriously, I feel like I don't spend enough time with my kids.  Hubby just laughs at me though.  I homeschool through a charter school.  When my son is on campus I am right there with him and my daughter is actually taking part in pottery and art even though she is only 2.  They are more than happy to let her participate :).  We have workshops 10:30-2 on Mondays (with a 30 minute lunch break) and from 9-3 on Wednesdays (with a 2 1/2 hour break).

Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday we do school at home.  We usually start at 10 with just fun time doing stuff they want to do.  At 11 we start his true school work.  At 12 we break for lunch.  We start again at 1 and are done with the true core of his school work by 2.  2-3 we do science and history because he loves them and begs me to do them everyday.  We spend time together from 3-4 and then at 4 I start cleaning and make dinner at 5.

Seriously, why do I feel this way?  My whole life revolves around my children!  How in the world can I feel like I don't spend enough time with them?

Plus we do things like Friday night we are going over to my parent's house and having a campout in their backyard.  Once again, spending time together as a family.  We have a garden we work on together.  We have animals we care for together.

So what gives???

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 2:53 AM

I feel like that too.  I think all Mothers go through Mommy-guilt from time-to-time.

shamroc374
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:09 AM
I feel the same way. I work when my kids are at school. I put them on the bus every morning and get them off everyday. My life revolves around them but i just feel like I do not get to spend enough time with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:39 AM
So glad to know I'm not alone! Thanks :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)