Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How do you cope in stressful times?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:52 PM
  • 60 Replies

My little family is going thriugh a lot right now. We had a friend pass away, my 11 year old cat is ill, money is tight, and I'm feeling overwhelmed! What do you to cope when times are hard?!

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Not well.  I started smoking again last week.  Hope you think of something better.

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I cry - crying releases stress hormones. Sometimes a good cry is exactly what I need.

smushy79
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I tend to come on here and post, lol. Maybe go on a nice walk to get up and moving.

Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I hope things get better for you hun! And sorry for your loss :(

I dont know where I'd be without DH. He is always so good at keeping me calm. I often go through the self-guilt of "coulda shoulda woulda" in these tough times (we are also going through a VERY rough patch financially) then remember the cliche' saying: "things could be worse". After I let it all out whether it be tears or focusing on something non-related for a few minutes, I calm down and think of solutions. If it is something out of my control, I realize I did my best or learned my lesson for next time. Things seem to be in a downward spiral lately.

unsuspected
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:05 PM
5 moms liked this
Prayer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JJJMommyKris
by Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM
I read and remind myself to take deep breaths often. Doesn't make it go away but makes it more bearable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetkennedy3
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:09 PM
I cry that's what I do I just literally stopped crying two seconds ago-UHG I hate financial struggles they r the worse!!!!!!! And I just quit smoking a week a go- I will not go back to smoking no matter how bad it gets! I can't anyways I can't afford it! Hang in there mamas! I know it will get better for us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cate1129
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Quoting Owl_Feather:

I hope things get better for you hun! And sorry for your loss :(

I dont know where I'd be without DH. He is always so good at keeping me calm. I often go through the self-guilt of "coulda shoulda woulda" in these tough times (we are also going through a VERY rough patch financially) then remember the cliche' saying: "things could be worse". After I let it all out whether it be tears or focusing on something non-related for a few minutes, I calm down and think of solutions. If it is something out of my control, I realize I did my best or learned my lesson for next time. Things seem to be in a downward spiral lately.

I guess things are tough all over. Thank you for your kind words, and advice! Hope things get easier for you too!

mylove415
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I bottle it up inside and then when I least expect it I just break down and let it all out.

Cate1129
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Quoting sweetkennedy3:

I cry that's what I do I just literally stopped crying two seconds ago-UHG I hate financial struggles they r the worse!!!!!!! And I just quit smoking a week a go- I will not go back to smoking no matter how bad it gets! I can't anyways I can't afford it! Hang in there mamas! I know it will get better for us!

You hang in there too! Quitting smoking is the right thing to do for so many reasons AND it will save you a ton of money! ((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN