Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How do you cope in stressful times?

Posted by   + Show Post

My little family is going thriugh a lot right now. We had a friend pass away, my 11 year old cat is ill, money is tight, and I'm feeling overwhelmed! What do you to cope when times are hard?!

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
SugarrCane
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Listening to Christian radio. :)

TabM
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I dance. Whether it be turning up the radio and having a dance party in the living room or getting the girls together for a night out, dancing always makes me feel better :)

Sarah993
by Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I try to focus on the positives that I have.  Sometimes a good cry helps out.  Also DH and i like to watch Fun with Dick and Jane.  Its a comedy and it nice to knwo that things could be worse or at least be able to laugh at our desperate thoughts being done.  Hope things get better.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I tend to reach for my lavender essential oil to get my mind relaxed.
OR
I exercise, I love going on nature walks to clear my head
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I just do because I know there is no other option. I'm not a real emotional person but when I have enough I just cry on DH's shoulder for a few minutes then I put my big girl panties back on and move on. What other option do I have?

TprwarewithJess
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Christian music, i cry, i pray, and i way to go for those that quit smoking. i am on week 4 and it is the best choice i ever made
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamieharper08
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I just try to be thankful that our family is healthy. My daughter was diagnosed with cancer at 14 months old and under went 14 months of chemotherapy. Today is her 5 year anniversary of being cancer free :)

navewife
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:24 PM
I focus on what's important to me, my kids...I went through an awful rough patch a few years ago, I actully broke down and went to a dr, and got meds to cope. Hang in there I will pray for a bit of peace for you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:26 PM
This. Hugs to you and your family!

Quoting smushy79:

I tend to come on here and post, lol. Maybe go on a nice walk to get up and moving.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:57 AM
I rely on yoga, meditation and exercise to relax me when I'm stressed
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)