Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I have read a lot of posts lately where ladies talk about not having mommy friends. I have an idea! If you would like to make new friends with other moms start with this post! Share where you're from, how many kids, their ages, maybe interests. Then scroll through to see what other moms post. There are bound to be many of us who live  near each other! If not you could always exchange e-mails or phone #'s with any moms who share your interests! Let's get this post going!

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:06 PM

In the search box I just typed in "Gig Harbor moms" (you may vary the moms to mothers, mamas, mommas, etc), then selected the groups tab.  Did the same when I lived in Tacoma.  I also belong to a state group for WA, but I don't use it often for the reasons you gave.  Made some friends pretty quick.  I can see it being a problem if you live in a small town, but in med-large cities it works great.  It's worth a try anyway!

Quoting cassiekitty7:

Do you go to the state group or something?  Where do you go?  I live in Colorado and I am in that group but I live in a very large state and most people on there are on the front range (Co springs or denver areas)  That is like 3 hours away from me.  Is there somewhere else that is more localized or is it just state local? 

Quoting IQuitCounting:

I just go to my local mom's group page and start posting, looking for play-dates.  It's worked well for me so far.  There's usually always a group already started.

kailalaila
by Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:16 PM

hi, MY name is barbara and I also live RI, I have 5 kids 14,9,6,6 and 4, Im at home with my kids. I also have panic attacks, Im never around new ppl.

Quoting Kris1885:

Hi, I'm Kristin and I live in RI. I'm 31, married with 3 kids, ages 9, 6, and 21 months. I stay at home with my son during the day, then work as a cashier/assistant manager of a store at night. I'm always super busy with work, kids activities, and cleaning. I have no friends IRL. I have panic attacks around new people. : ( So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. : )

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Oh, and if all else fails, start one yourself!  It may be that there are others near you but since there's no group you simply haven't connected :)

Quoting cassiekitty7:

Do you go to the state group or something?  Where do you go?  I live in Colorado and I am in that group but I live in a very large state and most people on there are on the front range (Co springs or denver areas)  That is like 3 hours away from me.  Is there somewhere else that is more localized or is it just state local? 

Quoting IQuitCounting:

I just go to my local mom's group page and start posting, looking for play-dates.  It's worked well for me so far.  There's usually always a group already started.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I'm Hallie. I live in Louisiana with my husband, 2 kids and our foreign exchange student. I am a SAHM with a super busy life. 

I do have friends, that's what keeps me busy....lol. 

MamaXRandi
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM

The bay area is a big area :)  I still think of myself as Bay area, even though I am more north now... Ukiah :) 

I am 32 mom of a 4 year old boy.  I am married and work full time.  I enjoy being social and doing fun things with fun people! I am a crazy A's fan (whose has playoff tickets now woo hoo!)  My town is small so I am not expecting to connect with people from here, but it would be nice!

Quoting pottymouthmommy:

i'm jessica, and i live in the bay area, CA.  i am 34, have two kids, one boy (4) and one girl  (18 mos).  i'm a SAHM.  i bartend part-time.  i love writing.  my husband and i love to eat, drink and be merry.  i'm a bit of a wild child, but 100% devoted to my babies.  i love exercising, cooking, eclectic fashion, hiking, any reasons to get together for a BBQ with friends and/or family, bargain shopping on amazon (okay, actually that's an addiction) and date nights with my hubby.  i'm happy and lucky.  just livin' the dream.

Randi
Wife to Ryan ~ Mama to Jax (4)

mommyT001
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:22 PM
I'm Tasha and I'm 34 from Chicago, I have a 10 year old daughter and I'm a SAHM.
wingsfan1234
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM

where in MI?  I grow up there.. lived there until 3 months ago

Quoting ecerka:

Hi I'm Emily. I live in MI. I have 1 dd she is a little over 2 . I've been married 21 yrs and am a sahm. I love reading, singing, we are big outdoors sportsmens. I also love crafts and I play on a women's pool league.

wingsfan1234
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I live about an hour from Tampa

Quoting Mari6443:

I live near Tampa, Fl. :-)

Quoting NicLof2:

Where in FL?

Quoting Mari6443:

Hi! I love your idea! My name is Marissa. I am married and have 2 kids - a girl who is 7, and a boy who just turned 5 a few weeks ago. I live in Florida.  I absolutely love to read, watch movies, go online, write, and connect with other moms. One more thing...I have been through many very unpleasant experiences in my life, and I don't mind sharing them with other people.

MEA816
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Helloooooo!!!!  My name is Marsha. I am 31 and I am a first time mother of 1 month old twin boys :-)   I live in South Florida and enjoy anything outdoors (hiking, kayacking, fishing, camping, parks BBQ,etc) also enjoy movies, reading,  creative projects, traveling, new adventures.  Would love to meet someone who enjoys cooking and can maybe give some pointers, because I am really horrible at it, lol. 

mamalatanya
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Im in concord i am a new mom seven week old son also looking for friwnds with young kids as all of my friends have kids that are teens

Quoting mylove415:

Bay Area.  Where in Cali are you?

Quoting mamalatanya:

Where in cali

Quoting mylove415:

Hi, I'm Viviana and I live in California.  I have 1 son who will turn 10 next week.  I live with my BF and his son who will be turning 6 in a little over a week.  I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, cooking, swimming, hiking.  Well that's me in a nut shell :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN