Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

how often do your children get babysat ?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:38 AM
  • 56 Replies

Usually we don't go out, we only go out when DD is at her dad's once every second week. But concerts have a pesky habit of being on weeknights and well, it's a one shot deal isn't it ? Now, we don't go to everything, we limit a lot because of DD anyways ... Because I only have 1 babysitter "on call" and she could not, DD has gone to my parents (where she is treated like Godess child)  to get looked after twice in the past 2 weeks and she's complaining about it !?!?!

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Typically 3-4 times a year, sometimes more.  Either one of our birthdays, our anniversary and a random night where something pops up.  It gets expensive, so we try not to do it too much.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

mrsrobin
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Rarely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Strega
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Never. We don't leave them with anyone.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

TroutMom
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My kid probably gets babysat more than most. I work from home and have a college girl come in and work about 20hrs/wk so she takes care of him during that time. I don't really think its full babysitting since I am just in the next room. A couple times a week I will leave and go work at the coffee shop. DH and I try to do date nights a couple times a month so he stays with the same girl then as well. Then when my MIL and SIL are in town (they live 4hrs away) they tend to kidnap my DS. My child LOVES being around people and has never cried when I left him, so it makes it pretty convenient to leave him with the people I trust. I also travel once a week for work, usually gone for the whole week (DS travels with me) and during those office hours he stays with my mom or SIL. My husband and I do not have "conventional" jobs so daycare doesn't fit us too well, consequently DS stays with family or the "nanny" while we hold down full time jobs.
Saint-sweet-t
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:03 AM

one time. a year and a half ago. MIL watched them because we had to move our stuff from a house that had a pedophile (on house arrest) move in with his parents next door.

myoldest1999
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids virtually live at their grandparent's ...lol! They won't be here forever and I want my kids to have awesome memories of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nats33
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:19 AM
No one watches my kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:25 AM

My parents actually complain that they don't see DD enough and my mom would rather have Alicia at her house than left with a babysitter - the whole thing is DD is upset because she would like to come to concerts, I think the whole thing is she feels left out but I can't see myself bringing her with us although every time I see kids at concerts ...

TabM
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM
3 moms liked this

They stay at my in-laws overnight usually once a month and we have a babysitter on-call in between but I try not to make it more than once a weekend or 2 weekends in a row but I am a firm believer that it is healthy for my kids to see me have a life outside of them and see me as an independent person not always at their beck and call.

Oh and there is a drop in daycare place right by our favorite sushi place so maybe once every other week we will drop off the kids at their dinnertime and they eat dinner there and we walk down to the sushi place for an adult dinner and pick them up after. They love it there and we get a nice dinner date out of it.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I think the same way ... in another as I've mentioned I think I over compensated when I divorced and spent too much time with her coddling her.  I think it's good to have adult nights and for her not to always be in my skirts.

The gym where DD goes to has a thing called PSN "Parent Survival Night" where you can drop your kids on a saturday night from 6pm to 10pm it's like a big party for the kids while the parents get to go enjoy an evening out I think I may enjoy this service !!

Quoting TabM:

They stay at my in-laws overnight usually once a month and we have a babysitter on-call in between but I try not to make it more than once a weekend or 2 weekends in a row but I am a firm believer that it is healthy for my kids to see me have a life outside of them and see me as an independent person not always at their beck and call.

Oh and there is a drop in daycare place right by our favorite sushi place so maybe once every other week we will drop off the kids at their dinnertime and they eat dinner there and we walk down to the sushi place for an adult dinner and pick them up after. They love it there and we get a nice dinner date out of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN