Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you have a sexy walk?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:49 PM
  • 49 Replies

When I was around 12 or 13 my mother told me I tromped around like a lumberjack and needed a more feminine walk.  My mother's not really one to criticize, so the fact that she said anything made me pay attention.  I started watching the way she and other women walked, especially women that men watched walk.  I would watch fashion runway shows on TV and try to copy it.  It took some effort, but I finally found my feminine walk.  After awhile it was second nature. 

When I started high school, it definitely got some attention.  I was pregnant and desperately trying not to waddle when I met DH, but it was a pleasant surprise for him after I had the baby.  I joined his mom's church and she commented once that the way I walked down the aisle had a few men attending church more than usual.  That was kind of embarrassing.

Like I said, my walk is second nature now, but I can dial it up or down as the situation requires.  Do you have a sexy walk?  If not, would you like one?

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I have no idea if my everyday walk is sexy or not ... I can walk "sexy" on purpose if I wanted to but I have not needed to pull that off in a looooooooong time. 

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I do. Totally unconsciously, too. Since I was a teenager random strangers, friends and famliy have commented on my walk.

I once attended modeling school and within a week was in the schools fashion show on the catwalk because of my walk. The only other people walking were advanced students or pro's. When my beginner course was over I was told that the only thing I was good for would be runway but at 5'2" that just wasn't going to pan out. At least they were honest and didn't just want to take my money. lol

The funny thing is I walk the way I do because of subtle things that are wrong with me. lol

My right foot turns slightly in, not a lot, just enough so that I naturally have a little sway. I had back surgery so I have very good posture which gives me a nice proud carriage. Plus from a very young age my mom taught us if you are ever unsure of a situation walk tall and proud with a determination in your step. Her way of saying never let them see you sweat.

My sister on the other hand... More like a horse. Luckily she is very pretty and fit. She'd never catch a man by her walk, especially not in heels. That girls in heels is an accident waiting to happen. lmao

SHELL28
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:18 PM
No I don't have a sexy walk.. I am a clumsy one... I am toooo busy wondering if my big butt is too bouncy...lol.. I hear in my head bong bong bong when I walk... Lol.. so yes I wish I could walk sexy ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:34 PM

No I don't have/want a sexy walk

chinosruca
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:42 PM
What is a sexy walk? I've never noticed one walk to be sexier than another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ymando
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Depends on who's walking behind me...lol. Really I think it depends on who's watching you walk & whether or not you're trying to get their attention.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ymando
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Depends on who's walking behind me...lol. Really I think it depends on who's watching you walk & whether or not you're trying to get their attention.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1CrazyCajun
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM

My DH and several ex's said I do. I wear heels a lot. Maybe thats the reason.

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting not quite your style. Are you more laid back?Come join other like minded moms. No pi*sing matches here.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Really? A sexy walk has the right combination of hip swing and confidence.

Quoting chinosruca:

What is a sexy walk? I've never noticed one walk to be sexier than another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Heels usually help, if you know how to walk in heels. There's a chick here at work that wears very tall heels, but she can't walk in them at all. She stomps around in a very un-sexy way.

Quoting 1CrazyCajun:

My DH and several ex's said I do. I wear heels a lot. Maybe thats the reason.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)