Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell us how you get your kids to eat veggies and Green Giant will donate up to $2000!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Getting your little ones to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be.

Click here>>> How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables? to take the One Giant Pledge to serve more veggies to your family and tell us how you get your kids to eat more vegetables.

Green Giant will donate $1 - up to $2000 - to Feeding America for every mom that shares a comment.

eating

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
gwennie29
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I always mix banana's with it. works on my 6 month old for now.

JackieBotha
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:20 AM

My daughter like vegetables and fruit. She was born on a farm where we had our own fruit trees and a vegetable garden. We now live in a flat during the week because of school so I started a veggie garden in a small garden box. she helps with the planting and watering. I think watching the veggies grow will make her like it more. If you don't have space you could always use old tyres with soil in. Of course children love getting dirty, so..there you go

Country_luv
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Neither of my kids have a problem with veggies. They have both loved veggies since jarred baby food. They love healthy stuff.....makes this momma proud :-)
daniegrrl
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I don't really have a problem with my kids eating veggies. I started them at a young age with veggies and fruits instead of snacks and it has stuck. I also found it to be a lot cheaper to give them a big salad made with fruits or veggies instead of buying a bag of chips  etc. If you teach them from a young age I belive that the habit will stick. Even if you don't like some of the veggies give them to your children to try it teaches them not to be afraid of new things and they will have a new healthy experience.

Amberleigh81
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 8:37 PM
I just don't give my son a choice! He eats what we eat, and that is A LOT of vegetables! He is one, and his favorite foods are grilled zucchini and eggplant!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaya529
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Cinnamon, oil and vinegar, and cheese have all helped kids eat their veggies. Dicing it up so they don't see it on the food. Mixing them into fruit smoothies. That is all I can think of for now.
Marsella
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:20 AM
They do not have any other option. Since processed foods aren't actually food, just food like product, I don't spend my money on them. They will eat what they are served. My older 2 have learned through friends that processed foods make you feel tired and sick. They don't want that stuff :-)
puella143
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 3:04 PM
We cook them to each of their likes my oldest likes cheeses my middle child likes them raw with ranch and my youngest east anything
nikkita311
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Baby carrots and broccoli with no problem
illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:34 PM
I don't over cook them or use canned. Fresh from the garden.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)