Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you remember the smell of your favorite hairspray? As a child of the 1980s and early 1990s, the smell of Rave and Aqua Net bring back horrible images of gigantic, crunchy bangs. You know, the kind that wouldn?t budge for 3 days if you were walking through 80 mph winds in a rainstorm. My mom called my bangs ?The Claw,? and, unfortunately has many photographs to prove how unflattering and ridiculous the hairstyle was. But, oh, on school picture day, how the girls? bathroom smelled like Rave. We?d be lined up in a row, much like a firing squad, only our weapons were a can of aerosol hairspray in one hand and a pick in the other. Teasing our bangs until they stood up on end, we would have competitions to see who could get their bangs off of their forehead the highest. What was your spray of choice and how high was the highest hair in your school!?

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Replies (51-56):
JadsW
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Back then, it was "It." It came in a bright yellow can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
navewife
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:51 PM
We called them bugsheilds , lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hiddenidentity6
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I still use aqua net. lmao. I work in a kitchen and i dont want to get hair in anyone's food!!!

hiddenidentity6
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Oh my high school trend was the" dino" bump. I think it even came back in style too.lol

Jessiejem
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I had the "wave' bangs look , used aqua net and aussie ( for the smell) ......not a good look lol
Jessiejem
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Quoting RainyDayLazy:

What's that purple hair spray with the kangaroo on the front? I used that one a lot. My hair is very thin in the front and never made it up through the day.

Aussie, loved that one it smelled good!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)